missing system files

CHo

VIP Member
Hi. I have DV910 and PY910 installed on my PC for development purposes. I corrupted my local DV web client. I reinstalled the last full DV package to my PC. Now I cannot log into my fat client. It complained about missing localweb.dll. I copied it from the CNC fat client to my system folder. I still cannot log in to JDE. There is about 248 items in my system folder vs. 6048 items in the CNC fat client system folder.

How do I fix my local fat client?

Did you try a full uninstall, using the Oracle OUI Uninstaller ?

I would uninstall completely, delete any directory related to E1, then restart your client before you then perform a fresh install with the new package.

If you still have issues, then check your deployment servers system directory - make sure everything is there. Also check the OUI Installation Log - see why its having an issue.

Hi. I have done a full uninstall of local client and DB software. What is Oracle OUI Uninstaller? I'm a developer not CNC. I had remove registry keys regarding E1Local.

I tried to reinstall the DB software using Install Manager, but it failed. The log doesn't say why it failed. At the beginning, it verified that E1Local was not installed and was going to install it. See attached log.

Look in the WEB DEV install guide for 9.1 for the instructions on how to completely remove the client pieces after a failed attempt. There are some manual steps that must be done so that the system can validate that the client is gone.

I would not recommend having DEV and PY 9.10 on the same client if you are using the WEB Dev feature unless you are really familiar with changing the INI files and if you are using the DEV feature both packages should have it as part of the package.

Hi. I had my PC reimaged. When I install the Oracle DB from the Install Manager, it still fails. However, it looks like the menu options for E1Local DB are there. See attached screenprint.

Attachments

• 185948-unable to install JDE client.doc
    92 KB · Views: 57
Did you install the 32 bit Oracle 11g client before installing the OEE from Install Manager on your machine?

Also, while installation please keep note of your PATH environment variable. There Oracle 32 bit client path should come before the E1LOCAL path. So while installation keep monitor the PATH variable and immediately after you get the installation successful message on command prompt, check and change the sequence of PATH variable as "C:\app\product\11.2.0\client_1\bin;c:\Oracle\E1Local\bin". Then OEE installer will complete the configuration of E1LOCAL database automatically.
After the installation it will ask to restart. Restart the system and copy the tnsnames.ora file from E1local\Network\Admin directory and copy it under your Oracle client's Admin directory before installing the JDE FAT client.

I hope this will help.
Regards,
Ankur Mahendra

Thanks. That was it. I was not aware that I had to install 32 bit client on 64 bit workstation.

Back