XML Not Generated

ND92

I have a UBE that is set to produce XML output and the logs indicate that the XML is being created, but the UBE throws an exception right before generating the XML. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Notes:

This is a custom UBE.

The UBE generates a PDF without issues.

The XML is generated fine in certain data scenarios (see next comment).

My assumption was that the XML had too large of a data set and therefore all bugs and settings were made to increase the heap size, but the XML/UBE still throws an exception.

The UBE has no subsection joins.

The XML will generate OCCASSIONALLY. For instance, it seems that any time I make a jde.ini change and then run the UBE, the XML will generate without error, but any subsequent runs will throw an exception. Yes, I understand that that sounds flakey.

The server logs are below. The local logs indicate that tables are opened and not closed as well, but I've reviewed any potential caching or memory leak issues.

Fri Dec 27 18:10:53 CST 2013

Dec 27, 2013 6:11:26 PM oracle.xdo.template.rtf.util.ContextPool log

SEVERE: [Line 946.75] Illegal closing table XSL context for: xsl:for-each-group

Dec 27, 2013 6:11:27 PM oracle.xdo.template.rtf.util.ContextPool log

SEVERE: [Line 1430.59] Missing body begin XSL context for: <?end for-each-group?>

Dec 27, 2013 6:11:31 PM oracle.xdo.template.rtf.util.ContextPool log

SEVERE: [Line 504.123] Missing body begin XSL context for: <?end for-each?>

Dec 27, 2013 6:11:32 PM oracle.xdo.template.rtf.util.ContextPool log

SEVERE: [Line 22747.2] Last XSL context: <?for-each:Join_FQ540014_and_FQ540012_S1?> (<xsl:for-each select=".//Join_FQ540014_and_FQ540012_S1">) not closed.

E1Agent received notification 'jde.entserver.zombie.process'.

SEVERE: [Line 504.123] Missing body begin XSL context for: <?end for-each?>

Dec 27, 2013 6:51:44 PM oracle.xdo.template.rtf.util.ContextPool log

SEVERE: [Line 22747.2] Last XSL context: <?for-each:Join_FQ540014_and_FQ540012_S1?> (<xsl:for-each select=".//Join_FQ540014_and_FQ540012_S1">) not closed.

Fri Dec 27 18:51:46 CST 2013

Dec 27, 2013 6:51:46 PM oracle.xdo.template.rtf.util.ContextPool log

Dec 27, 2013 6:52:52 PM oracle.xdo.template.rtf.util.ContextPool log

Dec 27, 2013 6:52:53 PM oracle.xdo.template.rtf.util.ContextPool log

SEVERE: [Line 1430.59] Missing body begin XSL context for: <?end for-each-group?>

Dec 27, 2013 6:57:43 PM oracle.xdo.template.rtf.util.ContextPool log

Dec 27, 2013 6:57:44 PM oracle.xdo.template.rtf.util.ContextPool log

The following response was posted via the Oracle Communities site however, these documents do not come into play as the template is not being called. The XML is not even being generated. The logs show the XML being created, but it does not complete the creation of the XML.
Thank you, Kim

Please consider this document from BI Publisher Support group:
Report Generation Fails Due To 'Illegal closing table XSL context' And 'Missing body begin XSL context for' Errors (Doc ID 727509.1)

Searching for "Illegal closing table XSL" message I have found these two posts in the OTN communities:

Missing body begin XSL context error (https://community.oracle.com/thread/2379013)

Validate Template - Error message line reference (https://community.oracle.com/message/10964846)

Clutching at straws here, but what kind of BSVW are you using?

Also are you running this locally or on the server?

I think your answer could be here but this looks like a BI template issue to me??

Your BI template needs a for each defined to start grouping the XML on a page

Thank you for the reply. I've eliminated the template as the issue. The XML isn't even generated, so the template is not called. I cannot run local or on the server (no XML generated). This is in 9.1. I ran in 9.0, and the same data scenario works there. The template is called and shows the information as formatted.
I've also now reviewed the XML in 9.0 vs. a successful run in 9.1 (sometimes runs the first time after changing the jde.ini), and the node structure is exactly the same.
Still at a loss. I've logged a service request with Oracle as well, but haven't been able to determine the cause.
Thanks.

Do any of your BI jobs from 9.0 still work?

Could it be linked to your upgrade and tools release maybe? I have just had problems by downloading the wrong MG plug in.

They should be compatible going forward but to say this product is flakey is an understatement.

I'm assuming you've checked that your Report DEFN? And the UBEs version are still setup correctly and configured as you would expect after your upgrade?
I would create a new report definition from scratch on the same UBE and version.

Check this table is as you expect
F983052 (important for version template pointing)

I ran the jobs in 9.0, with the same data, and all scenarios are working in 9.0. I believe it to be related to the tools release, but don't know if it's something I need to change in the UBE or if it's a tools bug. The UBE doesn't have any complex logic, and the xml node structure isn't any different than, for instance, R42520.
This job also DOES run in 9.1, but not for one scenario. Perhaps it's related to having nodes created for 3 conditional sections. I didn't try that scenario with another UBE. It works for 2 conditional sections. I think this is perhaps the only thing I haven't tried. And that seems even more flakey than the XML Generation 'tool'.
I've created new report definition and new versions. The pdf version runs without issues. The BIP/XML version does not create the XML, in one case. It does create the XML in other instances and the output is fine, so I feel that that eliminates the RD as the issue.
I've reviewed the records in all related system tables (95 and 98) and they appear to be correct.
My next step is to copy the 9.1 system folder to a 9.0 fat client and see if it still runs in 9.0, locally. I was able to get access to the 'old' 9.0 system. I also found that they are on an 8.98xx release in 9.0. That will show if it's tools related at least.
Thank you for your comments. Much appreciated. I'm trying to give all of the pertinent information, but there's so much of it that so much gets lost in translation or well, there's just too much.

FYI - It's quite possible that the issue reported above, is related to the below BUG. We're still working on confirming that assumption and with be applying a POC once we're able to obtain one. Thank you everyone for your responses and ideas. Much appreciated. -Kim

Bug 17204139 - CUSTOM UBE ENDS IN ERROR ON SERVER WHEN ATTACHED TO A REPORT DEFINITION.

Back