Creating Drop Zones for Import/Export Files (AS/400)

pfaloney

Well Known Member
I am attempting to create new drop zones for files in JDE 8.12 running on the AS/400 for all SCP processing. We use the F34A400 (Numetrix Integration File Definition) Table for all the import/export file paths and names. Examples of production drop zone:

\\<server name>\PS_Extract_Import_Data\Export\<file name>.txt
\\<server name>\PS_Extract_Import_Data\Import\<file name>.txt

Unfortunately, the persons who set up the original drop zone are no longer here and are unavailable to contact.

From what I remember, 8.12 on the AS/400 like to put downloads to the root directory on the AS/400 and I believe this is where everything is going when I change the File definition from the production drop zone.

We use windows based applications servers for all the SCP processing and I have created custom objects that are successful when using the production drop zone.

Does anyone have experience in setting up additional drop zone. We need them for development and additional production drop zones.

Thanks in advance.

Are you sure that your Production drop zone is not an NFS mount. I just had to do something similar for the SEPA process. We got it to use a media object queue to put in in the PY910/export folder, but then we had issues with E1 viewing the media object. For this process we used an NFS mount that made the iSeries path look like windows.

Not sure. I am not a network or CNC person (Nor do I want to be either). It is only where out imports and exports for SCP go.

All the files are text files with no media objects involved.

If you believe they should go to the export folder in the IFS, you need to make sure that that folder is shared. Some programs requires it to shared. You need to find you CNC/Developer to look at the program to see where it is trying to send the file.

Are there processing options that needs to be configured, can you run the process with debug so that you can see were it is failing?

According to the Network People, the security is set up "properly"

I am thinking that there may be something on the JDE side that needs to be done.

All I am getting is finger pointing from the two factions.

We have drop zones setup on our Windows network shares and then we map the Windows file servers on our AS400 using the QNTC mapping. Basically we give the Windows JDE user account access to the locations and shares on the Windows file server and then map the server name on the AS400 by doing MKDIR '/QNTC/SERVER_NAME'. Once you do that then the JDE account on the AS400 will be able to access any share that exists on the server that the Windows JDE account has access to. The passwords will need to be the same on both the Windows and AS400 systems for the accounts. It also won't be able to see any share that has the '$' symbol in it we found. We then have scheduled jobs that run and pick these up from the drop zone by specifing the /QNTC/... path in the batch jobs to copy it locally to the 400 and process them

[ QUOTE ]
We have drop zones setup on our Windows network shares and then we map the Windows file servers on our AS400 using the QNTC mapping. Basically we give the Windows JDE user account access to the locations and shares on the Windows file server and then map the server name on the AS400 by doing MKDIR '/QNTC/SERVER_NAME'. Once you do that then the JDE account on the AS400 will be able to access any share that exists on the server that the Windows JDE account has access to. The passwords will need to be the same on both the Windows and AS400 systems for the accounts. It also won't be able to see any share that has the '$' symbol in it we found. We then have scheduled jobs that run and pick these up from the drop zone by specifing the /QNTC/... path in the batch jobs to copy it locally to the 400 and process them

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the information. Just sent an eMail to our CNC to discuss this.

Back