Unable to create new HTML Instance after WLS Patch 17071663

Soul Glo

Soul Glo

VIP Member
Unable to create new HTML Instance after WLS Patch 17071663

I have been fighting this issues for a bit now and wanted to see if anyone cam across it. Here is my basic configuration: -
Stand Alone Server Manager server
WLS 103.3.6 on Windows 2008 R2
Java - jdk-7u40-windows-x64

I am installing a new HTML server with the above, after installing WLS base, I applied patch 17071663 per the instructions. I then went through the process of configuring the Domain etc. Once I go to add the HTML instance it writes to the jde_home fine however the process will not complete under the WLS\user_projects\domain\xxxxx\server\xxxx\stage

All that gets created is stage\HTML_XXXXXXX_DV82\app\webclient.war\MailMerge and it is empty. If i don't apply the WLS patch I don't have this issue.

I have had this opened with Oracle and they have not provided much help, except to say that they have not seen this before.

If I apply the patch per the instructions to a server that is already configured, it does not break anything but then I can create any new instances.

Has anyone seen this behavior?

Finally found the solution to this....

After you apply the patch you have to add this to the class path of the HTML instance in WLS console before you synchronize the instance in server manager. Once this is done then you can synchronize and it will complete the installation. This also should be added to the other already existing instances/servers via WLS console.

D:\Oracle\Middleware\patch_wls1036\profiles\default\sys_manifest_classpath\weblogic_patch.jar

[ QUOTE ]
Finally found the solution to this....

After you apply the patch you have to add this to the class path of the HTML instance in WLS console before you synchronize the instance in server manager. Once this is done then you can synchronize and it will complete the installation. This also should be added to the other already existing instances/servers via WLS console.

D:\Oracle\Middleware\patch_wls1036\profiles\default\sys_manifest_classpath\weblogic_patch.jar

[/ QUOTE ]

Great find ! Thankyou for posting a follow-up !

Back