Security on Data Selection.

KSK

KSK

Well Known Member
Hi all,

I have an external data selection on UBE with DOCO, DCTO, and KCOO

Applied locks on DCTO, KCOO with a specific document type and Company, now user can change only DOCO value (no lock applied) at run time.

My Client requirement is user should not add additional row at run time like DOCO, DCTO ,KCOO ,+LNID . We want to restrict the user not adding any additional row (Like LNID in the above example)in the data selection . .

I believe we can’t achieve this functionality using Locks on data selection. Please guide me whether we can achieve this functionality in JDE by applying some security , We are happy to use some third party tool as well.

Thanks in advance.

FYI : JDE version: E9.1

My solution to this would be:
1) Add DOCO to the processing option template of the report so that the user can provide the DOCO value to be used for the report using the processing option.

2) Remove the DOCO from the report data selection.

3) Set the report version on the menu to show processing option only and not data selection.

4) In the Initialize Section event of the report main section:
Set Selection Append Flag(<Yes>)
Set User Selection(BC ......<Equal To>, PO DOCO,<None>)

You're on 9.1 so it exists a new security that prevent users to add a new line in Data Selection.
P00950, Processing Option and Data Selection. You will find Check box to enable/disable modify Data Selection and Add Data Selection

I agree with Franck - this seems the easiest way to meet your objectives.

Back