Package deploy one or more projects

jimmymac

Reputable Poster
Long time developer but only now doing some CNC stuff like building packages. So far whenever I've built and deployed something to Productoin, its always been just one OMW project. But now, I have about 8 to promote to production.

My question is, is there any reason to separate things out so that each project is its own package? or do people just build a single Production package and then put in that package all of the objects for the multiple projects that are ready for production.

It would seem the way to go would be to just build one production package, rather than breaking them up somehow. Any opinions would be appreciated.

We always consolidate our objects into one Production package, which we normally schedule to occur on a 3 to 4 week interval (we don't have a lot of development usually).

We also put them all in one package. As a general rule, if we are going to have more than a few hundred objects, then we just do a full.

As others have said, there is no need for deployment packages to match project packages.

One reason for multiple deployment packages is Quick Package deployments. Details here:
E1: PKG: Quick Package Deployment Functionality - From EnterpriseOne TR 8.98.3.0 Onwards (Doc ID 1093018.1)

Quick Package allows flexibility in deploying, but requires the deployment to be UBE-only and/or App-only.

The only time you may want to have 2 packages is if you are building BSSV objects other than that promote all projects and build them in a single update package.

Back