Data Selection for Application

chaitanya.c

Hi,
I have a requirement where i need to take the Order Types from the Processing Option and I need to filter those Order Types and I need to show the records in an application.

Here the Processing Option field will be of String Data Type and length will be 15.

User will have the 3 Processing Option fields where User will enter the Order Types which are shown below.

Example:
PO DCTO1 = SO,ST,SY,SP,SR
PO DCTO2 = EC,CN,AT,SD,PA
PO DCTO3 = ER,RT,TY,FD,GH

Any help will be appreciated.

Release: E900, Windows XP.

Hi,

I see you are trying to figure out how to have multiple Processing Option values incorporated into application logic. I am wondering why you're not using Data Selection. Are you trying to access data from different tables? Assuming that you've tried the Data Selection route, and assuming the processing options you described are how you'd like to tackle the issue, I would suggest creating an NER that accepts a 14 (not 15) position processing option value, then parses the value into 5 or fewer individual values. The individual values could then be passed back to your application for processing.

Going forward, please try to provide fuller explanations of any issue you may have. The above is the best I could come up with given the sparse details.

I hope this helps.

-T.O.O.

is it me or is there no problem?

Take the PO value, put it to a Form-Control Edit Field and start the Find-Process

or in more detail:

- Put 3 Edit Control Fields (Use the same DD-Item like the PO-Values) to the Form, set the Filter-Criteria in the Filter-Tab of the Edit Control-properties
- Use the "Post Dialog is Initialized"-Event of the form and
- Fill the Values to this FC-Fields. (ie. FC DCTO1 = PO DCTO1)
- Start automatic find on entry by using the Press-Button(HC Find) (find this under "system function", Node "General"
- it's up to you to disable the FC-Fields or make them invisible

this should work if you use a form with grids and the function of "Find" is legal. (i.e. do not use a fixed inspect)

or do you want to split a Value like "SO,ST,SY,SP,SR"? i would prefer 4 PO-Values, but on assignment of values you can use the substr-Function

I think you are going about it in the wrong way.

Create a new UDC with the DCTO list

Either then filter in grid record is fetched by checking your incoming DCTO is in the UDC list
This is Event Rule filtering

or

Create a new workfile with a list of the DCTOs you want.
Create a BSVW over the new table and the order table you want. Link on DCTO of both tables
Create your new app over this BSVW and job done
This is database filtering

It will only show Orders who match DCTO in your new table

Hi,
Actually I need to parse the Processing Options values where user has to find the records based on the Order Types which he has given in the Processing Option.

I need to get the processing options values into different variables.
For Ex: If the PO DCTO1=SO,SD,SY,ST,SG then i need to get the PO values into different event rule variables like evt_dcto1=SO, evt_dcto2=SD,evt_dcto3=SY,evt_dcto4=ST,evt_dcto5=SG.

I tried two different ways to parse the PO Value.
1)By using substr function
2)By using the BSFN "Parse Delimited String"
and I got the po values into different event rules variables in both the cases. But the problem is with Data Selection.
I used the Set Selection Append Flag(Yes) and
Set Selection(FC Grid,"F42119","DCTO",Equal To,evt_dcto1,Or),
Set Selection(FC Grid,"F42119","DCTO",Equal To,evt_dcto2,Or),
Set Selection(FC Grid,"F42119","DCTO",Equal To,evt_dcto3,Or),
Set Selection(FC Grid,"F42119","DCTO",Equal To,evt_dcto4,Or),
Set Selection(FC Grid,"F42119","DCTO",Equal To,evt_dcto5,None).

When I gave the order type as SD in QBE and when I click find it is showing all the records with other data types also.

If I gave the Order Type which is not there in Processing Option the Form should not display the records.

1. Where did you put this ER? It should be in the Find - Button Clicked, preceded by "Clear Selection(FC Grid)" (to clear selections set in previous Find(s)) and (as you already have) "Set Selection Append Flag(FC Grid, <Yes>)" (to append to selections you may have (qbe, filterfields)).

2. The last one has a <None>: that should be <Or> (Since it relates to the preceding line(s)).

Also: Check the generated Select statement in the jdedebug.log if you keep having problems. That usually tells you what goes wrong. And while you're at it: Check how the use of 'OR' manifests itself (I always tend to forget: UBE vs. interactive application: Different way of binding. I should write this down sometime :))

Hi again

Maybe I'm missing something?
Surely your mission is to get this UBE to select on a list of DCTOs
Where those DCTOs come from, unless they change each run time, isn't the important issue.

Why can't you add these to the normal prompt for data selection screen?

Next time you could avoid confusion by specifying the Application TYPE
tongue.gif

PS E1 uses both:
- BATCH applications (a.k.a. jobs)
- INTERACTIVE applications (a.k.a. forms).

Back