GL Post failing with a DB connection error

jimmymac

Reputable Poster
This issue for us appears when Accounting enters and posts a transaction in the JDE GL and it does not appear in our Hyperion system which pulls data from the F0902. What we are finding is every so often, a GL Post R09801 will apparently not update the F0902 correctly. What we see is a blank page on the R09801 (except for headings) and in the logs we see a lost DB connection with the F0911.

I'll attach the log, but our issue basically is why would when we run a hundred GL posts a day or 3000 a month would maybe 1 of these fail with this error. When I've seen this, we do not see anything else running at the time of these posts that might cause a conflict or anything.

Any thoughts on how to proceed or identify what might be causing these infrequent errors.

Attachments

• 185779-R09801_ZJDE0001_129837_PDF.log.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 54
To add, we do have a scheduled GL Repost running every morning at 1am. So these issues when they occur, are resolved when the repost runs the next day. However, when this does occur and is noticed during the day by Accounting, it does need to be resolved that day and they cannot wait till the next day for the Repost to fix everything.

I know you said you didn't see anything that would cause a conflict, but I noticed that the time stamps are from later in the evening. Is there maybe a database backup happening at that time that is sapping the resources?

Dave

Yes we did look at that and there are no backups or anything like that that are running at that time. Also, we've just looked at this over the last 90 days and this has occurred twice. Once about 10:30 PM and once at 9:00 AM.

Back