PO Values to UBE

Sunny48

I have to run a same UBE number of times with different PO values and data selection. I am going to write another UBE to call this UBE. In Processing Option how I can pass the values (eg Date)? Same how I can pass different data selection values?
Any HELP will be appreciated.

Thanks
SP

SP,

Firstly, <font color="red">you will benefit greatly if you can get some training </font> .

Secondly, anyone who has been trained in UBE development will know that values are passed by a calling UBE (or Application) to the called UBE via RI variables (set up in the called UBE).

Once the values are passed, the called UBE event rules are used to program the needed manipulation and use of the passed values. In your case event rules in the called UBE would have to be written to use an RI value, if it exists, for the purpose the processing option in question is used and if the RI variable does not contain a value (that is appropriate) then the processing option value should be used.

The use of an RI value in data selection is a little more complex. You will need to use event rule system functions to program the data selection. However programmed data selection is used in conjunction with version data selection. You will need to know how this works and test it thoroughly.

Apart from the above, updating the processing option in the database directly (you will have to know EXACTLY what you are doing) is the only other way (of which I am aware) to accomplish what you want with the processing option. I do NOT recommend this.

For data selection, there are a number of business functions that can be used to use data selection from another UBE/Version which may be of use. But once again you will need to know what you are doing and test thoroughly.

Simplest solution would be
1. Create multiple versions of called UBE with different PO and DS,
2. Setup the version names in a UDC or setup table,
3. Write logic in the calling report to loop through UDC and call the report for each version
(Get the version name and call the report by passing report name(Constant) and version name(from UDC) till end of list)

Regards,
Veera

Back