Adding Field to REM Invoice

shackallen

I apologize if my question is basic. I do not typically do development work. Any help would be appreciated, even if it is just a link to a tutorial of some sort that details this process in a more straight forward way then the Oracle Documentation.

I have been asked to perform a minor modification to a version of R15500 and I am struggling. I need to add a few fields to the header section (ex. Business Unit, Store Number). My understanding is that since I am working with the header section I need to add a variable and then populate it with an event rule. I add the variable and attempt to insert an Assignment/Expression rule but have no BV objects to select.

I attempted adding the Lease Master BV and then have the object available to select but when I preview the report I receive an error and none of the data in the reports loads except the Business Unit. The error report shows “Unable to find object ID# - 14. Please run ER Validation to verify Event Rule integrity”. ER Validates successfully.

I found in the documentation that you cannot add business views to headers so I started over with a new version and added the business view to a detail section to test. As soon as I add the business view the error returns. I feel like I am missing a step to adding the business view. All I am doing is right clicking in the section, clicking “Select Business View…”, and selecting the view.

Thank you!

Jim Williams

I just wanted to update this as an FYI to anyone that might stumble upon this post. I was informed the best practice on this would be to create a copy of the template and make modifications at the report level not the version.

I did this, added a global variable to the header, found in the event rules where the header was being called, and did a fetch single to populate the variable before the header section was called.

Back