Table Conversion data selection not working

jimmymac

Reputable Poster
We have an existing Table Conversion to bring in expense GL transactions into the F0911Z1. However we do need now to exclude certain record types. I have tried to use the Data Selection in our existing TC to exclude records based on a value in the incoming flat file.

For example, the data selection is IC-126 Pay Code NE 'IBCP', which stands for Individual Billed Company Paid. The data selection basically though seems to be ignored and the code in the TC is getting data regardless of whether or not the value is IBCP.

To get around this I have just put in an If statement in the Advanced ER in the TC where all logic is based on this field being NE to IBCP. That works but I don't see why the data selection on the TC doesn't do what it should.

Any others have issues with table conversion data selection. Or have any ideas on my issue?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi jimmymac,

Color me confused. As far as I know, there is no Data Selection on a Table Conversion. It uses a flat file, not a table identified by EnterpriseOne and accessed via a Business View. Are you sure you're not trying to change it on an overarching UBE that calls the TC?

Please do me a favor and post the OneWorld release, tools level, etc... for the system in question.

Thanks,
T.O.O.

if somebody ever have changed the data selection of the used version, a change of the data selection in the base-TC (or Reporting-UBE) will have no effect.

solution: check the data-selection in your version. is it the same? you also can make a new version and check the data selection of the new version. you will find this at properties-button in the tools-tab

Thanks. When you are in Table Conversion Design, there is a Data Selection option i believe in the Conversion pulldown. However, after speaking with oracle, they are saying that Data Selection does not work if the input is a flat file, which it is.

If your source is a JDE table, then you can use Data Selection on it, but if your source is a flat file, you cannot. It lets you define it but it ignores it. I have used it in the past, but apparently the source was a JDE table not a flat file.

I was wrong regarding the existence of Data Selection. We use TC strictly for flat file conversions, nothing more. I failed to recall it had other uses. My apologies.

Back