Viewing Paystubs

Curt04

Hi,

My business would like employees to be able to view their paystubs through a web browser. Currently I have 10 users and JDE is used just for payroll.
There is over 500 staff that would have to view their paystubs.

I have recently got the html server up so I can log into JDE without the fat client. We really didn't have a use for it before with such a small user group.

Here's where I start to have concerns:

The business doesn't want to use the payroll portal as we don't have a portal server.
Apparently with the new licenses being purchased we will have enough for everyone to log into JDE so according to an Oracle rep we could have everyone in the company log into JDE though the HTML server with security set up limiting them to only view their paystub and payroll history.

Is this possible? I haven't had to do much with security with only 10 users. Has some one gone this route before?

I'm a bit scared going from 10 users to 500+. What should I watch out for besides stress testing servers for more users?

Any insight would be appeciated.

JDE: App version 9.0 with tools 8.98.3.3 on aix with weblogic html server.

Thanks,

Curt

With TR9.1 you can embed E1 portlets within the E1 Pages. I believe there is a paystub portlet that will do what you want.

Let me know if you make progress with this, because we are looking at doing the same thing later in 2014 after we get to the newer tools release.

Curt, we have done something very similar where we have a much larger user base that only uses E1 for Employee Self Service features like Time Entry, Viewing their employee profile, and viewing their pay stubs. We created an E1 page that has only those few options on it and then we blocked everything else down so they can't do anything else. Your question, which is one we are still dealing with, is how to license that? If you only have 10 users and you are paying for 10 E1 licenses, has Oracle given you a quote on what it will cost to add 500+ more that will only have access to an E1 page with some portlets on it and nothing more?

Back