Media Objects in 9.1

jdvoigt

When we have users attach images to documents in 9.1 (sales orders, cases, etc), the size of the image is typically huge and it is difficult to view. Is there a setting or any way to have the attachment only be a certain size/resolution so it can be easily viewed? My client has moved from Xe to 9.1, and Xe (fat client) used a different viewer than 9.1 does.

Yes, there is a setting in the JAS.INI that limits it. I think the default is 50 MB. I think the setting is MaxFileUploadSize.

You can set the max size that can be attached but you'll still need to educate users on how to appropriately re-size images - not just for JDE but emails, documents, etc.

According to the Oracle doc (https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/DocumentDisplay?id=655437.1) that setting "is used for other E1 components such as XMLPublisher", which I believe also includes E1 Pages files and the default is 50MB.

Has anyone come up with a work around for this? Oracle has a bug out there #10838808 but the status is "Approved for User Group Voting". I tried adding the following to the Weblogic startup parameters which should have increased the allowed size to 50MB but it didn't work:

-Doracle.iam.rm.loader.max_upload_size=52428800

Any ideas?

Back