Upgrade issue from Xe to 9.1

avishek

Hi all,
My system is upgrading from Xe to 9.1. In Xe we have the GROUP concept in security and in 9.1 we have the ROLE concept in security. Now we will need to do the role assignment to users manually. Can you please let me know if we have a conversion process for it from Xe to 9.1. Secondly we will need to create the user jde password in 9.1. Can you please also let me know if we have a conversion process for this also from Xe to 9.1.

Thanks in advance
----------------------------
Developer/Security Officer
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.1

hi,

this is what my company specializes in so if you want paid-for help please reach out.

Assuming you would prefer to avoid paying then the conversion is as follows:

F0092 roles -> just copy the table and then manually create a F00926 role sequencer record - the problem will be avoiding SoD issues if your roles are too big.

F00950 security -> just copy the table - the problem will be finding new programs that you need and avoiding SoD issues if your security isnt locked down with deny all and grant back.

Xe Initial menus -> solution explorer menus (You WILL need help on this one - we have an automatic conversion program or you need to do menu filtering from scratch)

F0092 *groups - F95921 roles -> we have conversion but it is possible to work out a SQL to do this. Watch the F95921 'include in all' flag.

Good luck

Hi,

I think you should read the Upgrade documentation, you will find a chapter named "Manual Table Conversions". You have to execute these tasks after the initial upgrade. One of the table conversions will convert group to roles and create user relationship.(R89959212, R89959211, R8995921)
You can find more information about this specific process on Oracle Support :
E1: UPG: HowTo - Converting Roles During an Upgrade From EnterpriseOne Xe / ERP8 To 8.9 or Newer E1 Application Releases - Performance Considerations Over The Related TCs (Doc ID 626600.1)

Usually, i prefer to create role from scratch when moving from XE to 9.1 The reason is that you can link more than one role to a user. (ie one role to secure data and one role to secure application)

Regards

Hi,

Thanks for the information.
I have run the reports indicated.
However, I also need to copy the passwords from Xe to 9.1.
It there any table conversion for this?
Will the table copy of F98OWSEC from Xe to 9.1 works fine?
Or will I need to create the passwords from scrath?

Thanks in advance
-------------------------------
Developer/Security Office
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.1

Back