Processing Options Blanked Out

Bulldog

has anyone come across the scenario where the processing options for a version of P4310 have been completely blanked out? There was no access for the users to Interactive Versions and they did not have the security to modify the values. We suspect the values (of which there were many on several tabs) might have been blanked by either a UBE/Data Structure mismatch. I'm just wondering if there could have been a BSFN or something else that would have blanked the values

I am not sure where they are stored, but the other possibility would be a database operation that removed the values from the database. Hopefully, someone else who knows where they are stored can respond with ideas to check there.

Also, just to throw it out there, has there been any development on that version where processing options may have been blanked out somehow in a dev environment and migrated/promoted to PD?

Finally, I would recommend, if you are not already, running R98306 and saving off the PDF. This job lists the values of all processing options in the system. We run it in PD, in case someone does promote something with testing options.

Jer

Thanks for the feedback - did'nt know about the report that will come in useful.

Also consider the Configuration Assistant [P01RS01] .. it can generate an excel that will be able to compare (as well as document) the versions and settings on each program.

Sometimes when processing options are wiped out, it's due to them being set on the web, and then another deployment that has versions comes from DV and overwrites them.

When I run this there are no CSV file(s) created?
it lists the path E:\JDEdwardsPPack\E910 but the report doesn't show anything for 'Total CSV files:'

Bulldog,
There is UBE Version Merge Report aka R9830512, that DOES copy POs (and Data Selection eventually) from one environment to another.
It may be possible (but not necessarily probable) the batch was run, copying blank values from an environment, say Pristine. Or not.
We use this UBE to synchronize our DV & PY environments with PD, especially after a Go Live with a module.

I recently discovered that there is actually a bug pre-TR 9.1.4 that causes PO values to be nullified or blanked out. Something to do with spec validation on promotion. Oracle-JDE doesn't seem to be broadcasting this problem but it could be really bad news if one doesn't catch it.

Back