UFR II printing support from Windows Enterprise server?

serenity_now

Hi All,
Does anyone have any experience with basic printing from a Windows Enterprise server not working to a specific printer? In my case it is a brand new Canon IR all-in-one business printer.

I have about 3 other printers (HP) that all work fine but I cant get this one to print via JDE using PCL or PS. As soon as the job hits the printer the printer throws up an error and the document wont print. The error is not very descriptive. This printer supports UFR II (Ultra Fast Rendering) as a Print Definition language, is there anyway to get JDE to support this through a custom PDL in the printer setup? I'm thinking this proprietary Canon PDL is preventing this from working properly, I miss Xerox.

Thanks for your reply. Are you able to provide anymore info on the issue? If I have a Canon printer setup and shared that only uses a PS or PCL driver it should work fine within JDE, correct? Your solution would allow me to use the UFR technology?

Did you ever get your JDE printing to work with the Canon IR printer? We are currently experiencing difficulty with the same issue.

Thanks!

Back