JDE CONDITIONAL Security

radi8

Well Known Member
Hello list:
I have a question that most likely has no direct answer.

We just implemented Advanced Pricing. Part of this process requires that we turn OFF the unit price field in SO Entry and are forcing the users to use the Price History interface to manually change pricing on standard SO Finished goods. I am using the Security Workbench (P00950) to make this element read only for all users except for those in certain roles.

Unfortunately, we also have a requirement that the Unit Price field only be turned off for line types that are equal to 'S', but the clerks will need this field open for line types 'F' and 'FA' (Freight and Freight allowance) as these prices are not part of Advanced Pricing.

Is there a way to create a security rule that will conditionally lock/unlock the unit price field in the P4210 sales Order Data entry form based on the entered line type?

I do not believe there is a way to conditionally lock/unlock fields based upon line type, using JDE security. If it was a true business need, I'd be inclined to modify the P4210 application, and put code in so that when the line type field in the entry grid is exited, that you either enable or disable the unit price field as appropriate.

Alternatively, by any chance, are the freight prices being entered at time of ship confirmation? If so, that's a different application, and you could leave the unit price field enabled in that application.

[ QUOTE ]
I do not believe there is a way to conditionally lock/unlock fields based upon line type, using JDE security. If it was a true business need, I'd be inclined to modify the P4210 application, and put code in so that when the line type field in the entry grid is exited, that you either enable or disable the unit price field as appropriate.

Alternatively, by any chance, are the freight prices being entered at time of ship confirmation? If so, that's a different application, and you could leave the unit price field enabled in that application.

[/ QUOTE ]

Typically, the F and FA are entered at Sales order entry, but we can and do enter them in at Ship Confirmation. This is definitely an option that we are considering.

I am trying to avoid the customizations to the P4210 if at all possible. We are a small company and try to keep things as plain vanilla as possible.

If there is a way to manage security, that is the route I would prefer, but at this point will take whatever route is most direct.

There is a setting in the Line Type Constants to Protect Price.
My memory of this was that it looks strange during order entry because it allows you to key in a price irrespective of the Line Type when adding but it then ignores this entered price if Price Protect is checked when you leave the line. Once the line is created it will show as protected. Note: If this doesn't work as above check for SAR's.

[ QUOTE ]
There is a setting in the Line Type Constants to Protect Price.
My memory of this was that it looks strange during order entry because it allows you to key in a price irrespective of the Line Type when adding but it then ignores this entered price if Price Protect is checked when you leave the line. Once the line is created it will show as protected. Note: If this doesn't work as above check for SAR's.

[/ QUOTE ]

We will be using this option. The PRICE PROTECT on SO Entry disables the UPRC field when a specific line type is detected.

Using the PRICE HISTORY interface allows the price to be adjusted (advanced pricing functionality). This way, we can open the UPRC on the SO entry form for all other line types!

We are not done yet doing the validation, but so far this looks like the best solution.

Back