JDE User Security-Setting Up New Users

Anihera

Anihera

Could anyone give me a step by step process of setting up a user in JDE from scratch. User setup right up to making it live in PROD. How does the ticketing system work in JDE? Also table names, checks on username for duplicates elsewhere. If I could have some documentation on this would be of great help. Basically covering everything to do with a new user who requires the use of JDE. Many thanks.

Please check out the following document on My Oracle Support:

Advisor Webcast JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Schedule and Archived Recordings (Doc ID 1450327.1)

Click on the "Archived 2013" tab, and you'll find a recorded session from Oct. 10, 2013 titled "JDE1 CNC – Security / Basic Training".

In addition, since it sounds like you're new to JDE E1, I'd recommend that you consider taking some JDE E1 CNC/System Admin training, or work with an experienced business partner to develop an understanding of JDE E1, its setup and ongoing administration. JDE E1 is a very powerful system, but it isn't a "plug in the disk and run" type system; it requires that you develop an understanding of what you need to do to run the software successfuly, and how what you do affects the entire system.

To add to Dave's post

Oracle University offers a five day class on jde system administration for apps 9.1 and tools 9.1.x

In the US and Canada, most of the offerings are through live virtual classrooms. Once is a very great while, Oracle will offer the class in a live classroom environment. If you can travel to Toronto, Ontario in January, the class will be taught by an Oracle Platinum business partner in a live classroom setting (January 27 to Jan 31). Exact same material as the virtual version, but you get to work live with the instructor. Classes can be found on the Oracle University website. You will need to filter by country to see the various offerings.

- Gregg

Hi DSauve,

Sorry but is there a link. I googled but it comes to this site http://upgradejde.com/downloads.htm Is this the correct site? I don't have a user id to get into Oracle. I have used JDE but not from the CNC side more of functional apps side and Integrities AP, AR, GL & POP. So user security setup is new to me. Thanks.

Dave, thanks, would love to fly out...maybe next time due to commitments. I have not been on the CNC side so it's going to be fairly new to me. More on functional side
smile.gif
I will check if I can get some training here. Many thanks.

Hi,

We sell software to help companies expedite this process but basically you need...

F0092 User
F98OWSEC User
F0101 User (optional)
F0092 Role
F00926 Role Sequence
F0093 Role Environment
F95921 User-Role Relationship
F00950 Security
F9006 Menu Filtering

Cheers

Luke

You will want to get a user ID to log into My Oracle Support (MOS), and you will then have access to this document and thousands of others all about JDE.

Don, thanks. Have setup an account and will start browsing.
Luke, appreciate the table names and company intro. Thanks all.

Back