Deployment Server 9.1.3

oracle does. Its part of the installation guide.

in effect - the following are the steps :

1. Install Windows
2. Install Visual Studio
3. Install 32bit Oracle Client
4. Download Deployment Server Software
5. Unzip Deployment Server software
6. Run Installmanager.exe - install Oracle Database (reboot)
7. Update tnsnames.ora for the 32bit client for E1Local
8. Run InstallManager.exe - install deployment server
9. Check deployment server by logging in using JDE/JDE

There you have it ! Thats the "easy" bit. The harder bit is then the steps AFTER the deployment server is installed !!!!

Hi Jon,
I just installed the Standalone 9.1 (update 2) on my Win7 64 bit.
The standalone instructions suggest you install first the 64 bit Oracle Database (#6), and then the 32 bit Oracle Client (#3), in order to ensure that the Path environment variable has the 32 bit Client properly positioned firstly, before the 64 bit Oracle DB.
I am curious, should we keep this order when installing 9.1.3 Deployment Server?
Thank you,

Yep. You won't have much luck logging into the Deployment Server activconsole app if you're loading the 64-bit libraries first (it only supports 32-bit.)

Is it posible you to send me the details steps required to install JDE deployment server....
Where should i install on win 2008?

@Jon Steel: Do you have any suggestion on how to keep a copy of the JDE deployment server in sync with the production JDE deployment Server even using a manual update process? The process does not have to be done automatically, I am just looking for a way to get my primary JDE site replicated to the second site. Any tips are welcome. Thanks for your help!
Abner

Back