Need a line type set up so as not to retrieve cost

shannonmtnt

Does anyone know a set-up combination that will allow a specific line type to validate Item Number, but not reflect a Cost?

Our scenario:
We want to create a price adjustment/credit for our customer.
We charge a customer, say, $50 for an item. That item carries a $20 cost. We then decide we have overcharged them for the item and we want to credit them $10. We do not want to affect the COGS on that item because that has not changed...only the AR and Sales values need to be processed with this second order. And, we want to use the item number in the second order so as to maintain an audit trail.

In my research, I have found Doc ID985506.1.
This indicates I should use Inventory Interface Flag of D.
The information on Edit Item Master for Non-Stock Flag indicates that if left unchecked, system will not retrieve price or cost. But, it also will not validate the item number and therefore, not populate the Sales Order Detail with the item description.
I have done testing on this combination, as well as a few others, and cannot seem to obtain the desired results.

Does anyone else do such price adjustments/credits for your customers?

Thanks!
Shannon

We have setup a different order type to do the returns and set the DMAAI for Inventory and cost to point to the same GL account- usually a sales clearing account.

Back