SM Agent for 9.1.3.3 on Win 2008

ice_cube210

VIP Member
Hello All,

I am having trouble installing the SM agent for 9.1.3.3 on my Windows 2008 Enterprise Server. The server currently runs tools 8.98 ES and SM agent.

The "update agent" from SM console fails. So I downloaded the agent install from the SM console and it installs fine (updating the existing JDE_HOME) but the windows service fails to start. I get the standard Error 1053 "The service did not respond to the start or control in a timely fashion"

Same results if trying to install a completely new JDE_HOME also.

I had a similar issue before with 9.1.3.1 and oracle support gave me an installation file that worked, they suspected the one we had to be corrupt.

I have the call open with Support but thought I would check on here to see if any one faced this issue ?

Thanks in advance

I did have an issue with the services. The registry entry for the service "path to execute" had strange characters after the exe name. You could see this when looking at the properties of the SM Management Agent service, on the General tab. Updating the registry entry to have a valid command line fixed the issue for me.

Hope this helps,
Craig

Craig,

You were spot on. Once I removed the junk characters the service started.

Thanks again for the fix.

Craig,

Oracle still has some garbage characters in the service "path to execute" for TR 9.1.3.4. Once I fixed this, the service started up just fine. Thanks!

Back