Antivirus software on JDE servers

JMast

Reputable Poster
Hello,

It seems time to have another post about antivirus best practices. I found the post from 2009, but I am curious on the latest around 9.1.

We are running all servers on windows server 2008R2. Previously, in 8.0 we took the approach of not running antivirus on the servers, but being diligent to prevent exposure to the internet and keeping the limited/controlled list of fat clients clean.

With 9.1, we would like to have some protection on the servers, but we obviously want to minimize performance hits. I have two questions and I am open to all opinions (try to keep the flames about being naive to a low boil, but they are correct and could be entertaining) =)

1. Which antivirus software would you recommend for JDE servers?

2. What performance tips do you have for us to watch for? I know we will want to exclude the E910 directories. What other directories do we need to consider to balance performance and protection? I am particularly concerned about the webservers which we did not use in 8.0 and are much more complicated than the deployment, logic and database servers.

Thank you for your experience and time,

Jer

Back