webservices business services sales order

petermuijs

Hello,
We are implementing business services (bssv) for sales order entry. We manage to use this for standard items, but struggle with configured items. Is there anyone that succesfully implemented processsalesorder (J4200010) to add a sales order to 9.1 including configured articles?

Using Configurator items from any external system is a very difficult task. I've never seen anyone successfully roll their own solution for that problem, which I've tried to do before.

I have seen a CDI product called "ERP2Web" successfully integrate with Configurator. They have a nice web interface to allow customer self-service for ordering configured items. I took a cursory glance at how they solved that problem, but it included some of their own custom BSFNs developed within OMW to make it work.

They also have a function that lets your customers (or CSRs) submit Excel spreadsheet uploads that contain Configured segments, and could probably expose that functionality to you as a webservice.

Beware: Configurator segments are ugly and very difficult - if not completely impractical - to use as a webservice. The spreadsheet method I've seen in ERP2Web is ugly for Configured items because of the complicated nature of Configurator segments. But, it can be done if you are truly willing to trudge through it.

IMO, Configurator is much more practical to use interactively. If you really want to automate via webservice, try to consolidate some of your most-used Configurator items into stock BOMs and develop an alternative business process for when Configurator is truly required.

My $0.02 on the matter.

Implementing BSSV for Configured items in JDE Sales Order Entry process

Hi - have there been any improvements to implementing BSSV for Configured items since Brandon's post on this topic? I am on a project now where we are integrating Oracle CPQ in to JDE using BSSV. We use JDE Sales Configurator, and running in to challenges on how to incorporate configured items in the SO process. The Stock items integration is working fine and we are able to create and update sales orders correctly through BSSV. However, 95% of our items are configured items. So looking for any input on how best to implement Configured items using BSSV. If someone has already done this in the past, it would be great if you can share the best practices or lessons learned from that experience. Thanks in advance.

Using Configurator items from any external system is a very difficult task. I've never seen anyone successfully roll their own solution for that problem, which I've tried to do before.

I have seen a CDI product called "ERP2Web" successfully integrate with Configurator. They have a nice web interface to allow customer self-service for ordering configured items. I took a cursory glance at how they solved that problem, but it included some of their own custom BSFNs developed within OMW to make it work.

They also have a function that lets your customers (or CSRs) submit Excel spreadsheet uploads that contain Configured segments, and could probably expose that functionality to you as a webservice.

Beware: Configurator segments are ugly and very difficult - if not completely impractical - to use as a webservice. The spreadsheet method I've seen in ERP2Web is ugly for Configured items because of the complicated nature of Configurator segments. But, it can be done if you are truly willing to trudge through it.

IMO, Configurator is much more practical to use interactively. If you really want to automate via webservice, try to consolidate some of your most-used Configurator items into stock BOMs and develop an alternative business process for when Configurator is truly required.

My $0.02 on the matter.

Back