Upgrade Pristine in 9.1

erpfun

Hello,

I'm running through my first JDE upgrade (8.12 to 9.1). I have reached the step in upgrade manual that states I need to upgrade pristine prior to other environments. My question is, when I run the Upgrade Planner, do I choose "Install" or "Upgrade" for pristine? If I choose "Upgrade", do I select Upgrade from 910 to 910? If it helps, i'm doing the upgrade with a newly installed deployment, enterprise and html server. I figure I would setup the datasources to my old system when I run the Upgrade Planner for the DV812 to DV910, not during the pristine upgrade? Does what I am saying seem correct? I'm finding this part of the instructions a little confusing, so any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Amy

It's an upgrade, and it will be from 812 to 910. You're not really upgrading Pristine, but you are bringing across system records, data dictionary and object librarian records from the previous system. You'll need access to your previous system data source, and the database where 8.12 is located. Since this is your first time, I'd recommend working with a copy of the original 812 database or databases, and a CNC consultant who can help you update the appropriate tables either before or after you start bringing things across.

Hi,

You have to select "Upgrade" so JDE will connect to the old 812 System, Data Dictionary, Server Map and Object Librarian data sources and copy them to their 910 siblings (with several table conversions in the middle). Pristine PS910 is created and filled up as a last step of this process.

If you select "Install", JDE will assume a fresh new install, so it will create a brand new set of 910 System, Data Dictionary, Object Librarian and Server Map tables.

In both cases, 812 data sources are not erased.

I learned that you have to upgrade 910 pristine after applying the latest planner ESU because it simply merges the new changes from the planner ESU into pristine. After releasing the initial software CD's they do make changes to prinstine, so the upgrade is required to apply those changes to make sure pristine is up to date.

Since I have a "fresh" install of 910, I feel if I connect up to 812 it will ruin my fresh 910 "pristine". However, I guess the wizard is smart enough not to do that. Aparently table conversions are not performed for pristine.

I think I can proceed from here. Thank you kind experts!

Back