Row security and DGJ

Bulldog

I am wondering if any one has used the DD item DGJ (Julian Date) for Row Security. It's not switched on for Row Security for my customer but they want to use it to restrict users from posting in certain periods. Is anyone aware of any pitfalls from using this DD? I am wary of using it because it is used in so many tables and have ruled out the use of *ALL as they must specify specific tables to secure. They utilise Inclusive security by the way, thanks..

Please confirm if I understood correctly...
Do you want to prevent users from Posting Batches on a previous accounting period?

I believe it's easier if you setup it on P0000, General Accounting Constants. There is a flag "Allow PBCO Postings" that is an option to specific whether to allow posting to prior accounting periods. (Please see screenshot).

Attachments

• 184568-PBCO Flag.jpg
    184568-PBCO Flag.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 33
I agree.. Row security is not a good solution for this issue. System constant should be used for this

Thanks for the feedback and screenshot. Here is more specific information regarding what they want to achieve. "The customer is using 3 Date Patterns, only one of them having a Period 13 for the 30th June of each year.
Period 13 write access is currently restricted to a small number of system groups via Row Security on alias PN=13.
The customer would like to restrict 30th June of each year regardless of date pattern and period number". This was why they were asking if they could use DGJ via row security. Does you original advice still hold true or is there a way to safely employ row security? I'm happy with all aspects of configuring security my concern is using DGJ to achieve what they want using row security and its implications if used on specific tables.

I have seen it used in various places but as other posters say if you can find a more targeted way it might work better...

Back