mass user account creation

Alan2011

Hi All,
have someone loaded mass (new) users accounts (not exported from other existing databse)? I have some issue when inserting into F0092. I can get the rcords there and I can create users security and add role to it but when I try to login i get error.
I have about 3000 new users and would like to find some fastest way.
I also get a lot of null columns when I insert. Would that meake any problem?

Thanks,
Alan
JDE 9.1
SQL 2008 R2

Alan,

A new user account will take more than a record in the F0092. You will most likely also need to have a valid F98OWSEC record and a F95921 record in order to login. I am presuming that you have validated these records as well. Can you share the error with us? I don't believe you should have any NULL records.

Steve,
Thanks for the reply. I tried to insert few records into F0092 and I did the rest manually just to check if it is working. So I manually entered the records in F98OWSEC and F95921 from standard JDE user creation. Please look at the screenshots.When I look at the record in tables it looks ok but when I try to login to test it comes with jas error.

Attachments

• 184467-Null records.PNG
    184467-Null records.PNG
    6.3 KB · Views: 57
Alan,

I certainly think the issue is with NULL values in your table. I attached a screenshot of a sample of my F0092 and I have no NULL records.

Attachments

• 184471-F0092.JPG
    184471-F0092.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 50
Steve,
You might be right and that is why I was not sure if it is because I am missing/doing something wrong or because of the null values but by default that is what I get when I use insert command into F0092. Unless I go there another time and remove the null values but I don't know how to change the null value with blank.By the chance, do you know the proper update command to do that?

Back