Server Manager; 'Insufficient Data for Chart' for Resource Charts

Rob Schonfeld

Server Manager; \'Insufficient Data for Chart\' for Resource Charts

Hi All
smile.gif

Client is on E9.1 (tools 9.1.2.1), MS SQL DB, all servers are Win08R2 VMs.

About a week ago the client in question had a massive admin failure when starting their VM Server after planned downtime. Short story is they had to restore all systems from tape.

Restore went through OK, and all servers can talk to each other with users signing on no problems.

The issue is when on the Server Manager, looking at the Enterprise server resource charts. The charts are empty with the text below each "Insufficient data for chart". This is odd as on the left of the empty charts, under 'Runtime Metrics', memory usage is displayed with the value >0.

I've attached a screen dump to assist in my explanation.

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated
smile.gif

Rob

Attachments

• 184445-JDELIST_RESOURCE CHARTS.png
    184445-JDELIST_RESOURCE CHARTS.png
    77 KB · Views: 39
Re: Server Manager; \'Insufficient Data for Chart\' for Resource Charts

Hi Rob,

I was also seeing 'insufficient data for Chart' (on V9.0, 8.98.4.10) and went to Monitors under Quick Links and found that my enterprise server monitor was stopped. I also looked at doc id 1402986 scenario 2 and decreased the query interval.

I am not sure if this is different for 9.1. At least it is something to check.

Sandy

I had a similar issue where those charts froze displaying the same old data, while the runtime metrics showed current data. Restarting the app server SM agent, and even the app server itself had no effect. I had to restart the SM Management Console.

Ahhhh! Thank you, Sandy. Obvious is obvious
smile.gif

Turned on the monitoring service, as per your recommendation, and presto! Getting info in my charts.

Thanks again!
Rob

Great news, Rob!

We have the same issue last week. Can you please direct us what was the resolution for this issue.
We did restarted the agent, restarted SM home, Restarted the server. Really did not help.
Can someone help us if there is a solution for this issue?

We are using 9.1.04 tools release with windows 2008 R2 as enterprise server

Attachments

• 184529-ServerManager_InsufiicientData issue.doc
    127.9 KB · Views: 38
Back