Code Courrency

Ha, ha, ha. A story about one company dropping World support from seven years ago? You have to be joking. If not, I have some late-model Lotus 1-2-3 licenses I would like to sell you real cheap.

Oracle support is all about E1 customer's financing the Pacific yacht industry. However, anybody that drops E1 support on the outside chance that won't get burned with a service outage is a little kooky. I would call that E1 hari-kari.

[ QUOTE ]
I also agree with jdeKrnl's comment. If you are supporting JDE for a publically traded US company, the SOX auditors will have a field day if they discover that JDE does not have a support contract.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. We have been off support for a couple years now with no issues raised from our SOX auditors and I know of a few other companies that are publicy traded as well that have been off support for well over 5 years (still on XE) without any issues from auditors. I guess it depends what company does your audits or what country specific localizations you have implemented possibly. I would be curious if anyone actually knows of a company that actually got fined by auditors for not having Oracle support.

I have a couple of clients which have dropped the support, let me say they are happy
laugh.gif
;

Back