record in use error

Dawn Walczak

When running the P04571 to do an update status, I am getting the error "record in use" this happens both on the fat client and the web client. I have checked the P00095 and it reflects no records. I am not sure where to start looking. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
confused.gif

Thank you

Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem, there's no actual lock and I'm a bit lost where to start the troubleshooting, I've already debugged the event and I saw the lock error message after a fetch on the F04571.

I'm running E9 on a AS400 V6R1 plataform with DB2.

I've tried P00095 and dsprcdlck, no success =(

Does anyone knows what to do in that case?

Thanks,

Hi again,

Just a quick fix if anyone runs into this, just undo the payment group and then do it again, it works just fine.

I'm sure there's a proper fix but unfortunately we couldn't afford the time to find it.

Thanks,

Dawn,
Is it possible that the 'Record In Use' message is due to the application having records that were never purged from the 'Record In Use' table. Several JDE suites use the technique of flagging a record or batch as 'In Use' by means of a record in a database table. Ask Oracle Support. They can explain. Or search for the solution on Oracles site.

Back