Multi line PO to one stock item

fswtpaton

This questions is kind of a 2 in 1.

We buy items from overseas, there are a number of costs involved in getting them to stock for sale. I.e. purchase, shipiing, customs etc.

These can be reasonably estimated in a PO but final costs come out slightly differently.

I'm interested to know the following:

1 - can I create a multi-line PO that is receipted as one line?
2 - Can that PO have multiple suppliers on it?

Ideally we would be able to release the difference between estimate and actual for each part of acquisition cost to COGS.

At the moment we have a very manual reconciliation process.

Interested to hear your thoughts.

Hello Tim,

Have you considered landed costs?

Russell Karnap
[email protected]
859 760 7332 Cell

In a message dated 7/2/2013 1:54:19 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

This questions is kind of a 2 in 1.

We buy items from overseas, there are a number of costs involved in
getting them to stock for sale. I.e. purchase, shipping, customs etc.

These can be reasonably estimated in a PO but final costs come out
slightly differently.

I'm interested to know the following:

1 - can I create a multi-line PO that is receipted as one line?
2 - Can that PO have multiple suppliers on it?

Ideally we would be able to release the difference between estimate and
actual for each part of acquisition cost to COGS.

At the moment we have a very manual reconciliation process.

Interested to hear your thoughts.
Running JDE E1 on Windows XP

Hi Russell,

I did consider LC when looking at it. Unfortunately we are using LC for another use.

Additionally I'm not interested in haveing to adjust he landed cost rules for each PO.

I read extensively on this forum and in the help menus and couldn't see what I was looking for.

The PO would need to allow multiple suppliers. So I'm not sure it is possible. Trying to think of most efficient means of achieving my goal.

Hi Tim,

The other option for this could be using Inbound Transportation. It will allow you to create a shipment that you could set up with an Intermodal route that would allow charges to be accrued for different Suppliers. The Transportation charges can be calculated based on different variables for each supplier OR these charges can be manually entered against the shipment when the actual costs are known. Finally, costs can also be allocated to the Items on this Shipment based on weight volume or - from the manual...
16.2.1.2 Allocating Freight Costs by Item for Inbound Transactions
You can include inbound freight costs as part of the cost of the item. The system allocates freight costs on a percentage of the total weight or volume of a shipment. When you allocate inbound freight costs at the item level, the system updates the Item Cost File (F4105) and Item Ledger File (F4111) tables with allocated freight costs for inbound shipments. You can allocate freight costs by item for inbound shipments only when the freight terms are collect and only after you have received the purchase order. You must set the appropriate processing option to allocate inbound freight costs by item.

Maybe this functionality will help OR perhaps you could take another look at LC. You mention you are already using this, but there should be no issue with including additional costs in the LC setup. Changing the costs on each line is no fun, but maybe exporting all the costs in the LC screen to excel, updating these cost to reflect actual costs using basic excel functionality and then importing these back into the Landed costs screen could cover this?

Hope this helps....

Hi Craig,

thanks for the helpful suggestions. I will investigate the Inbound transportation function, this looks like what I'm after.

Hi,

We are having the same requirement and please let me know whether you did able to configure inbound freight charge into Item cost.

Thanks
Bala

JDE 9.2

Back