EnterpriseOne Monitoring Tools

dylan

Does anyone know of any monitoring tools for EnterpriseOne? Specifically, I am looking for alerts to be send out to our CNC/helpdesk staff when the following occurs:

* A Report has been processing for more than x minutes.
* A Report has been waiting for more than x minutes.
* More than x jobs are waiting in a given queue.

Server Manager has one threshold for all reports - we want this by report/version. For example, MRP report will have higher processing threshold than, say the post report.

I have not seen any so far. We have build using a simple SQL JOb, which check few things hourly( you can reduce the frequency) and alert us based on threshold we have defined.

We have a product, LynX Monitor that can do this. You can configure the following thresholds by environment, report and version:

* Report Wait Time
* Report Process Time

You can also configure thresholds for Queues (i.e. # of jobs waiting in a queue before sending out an alert). The monitor can also be configured to re-prioritize jobs if a user submits too many jobs (a configurable threshold value) to the same queue.

In addition to Report and Queue monitoring, LynX Monitor monitors:
* Database connectivity (is the database up?)
* Scheduled Reports (did a scheduled report get submitted?)
* Subsystem jobs (is it running? are too many jobs waiting to be processed?)

Alerts can be emailed to operators and/or logged in the Windows Event Log.

See http://www.aellius.com/products/lynx-monitor/ for more information.

We use a tool called SolarWinds. It monitors everything soup to nuts hardware, OS, and services (web, enterprise, etc.).

Just want to clarify: LynX Monitor is not a replacement for monitoring products like SolarWinds, Microsoft SCOM or Nagios. It works in conjunction with those products to provide a unified monitoring system (so, all your alerts will come from SolarWinds, for example)

We use SCOM (microsoft) - I wrote a number of custom powershells to check for various things and then writes to windows event log if true - scom monitors for those event values and throws page/email to DL.

We check for
# UBE's waiting
# Time UBE processing
Web URL not responding
JDE TCP port not responding
Scheduler hung/not running
UBE went to Error

Basically your imagination is the limit with powershell..

Check out Velocity's Zoom tool. Pretty robust. It hooks into JDE JVM's to track all sorts of metrics, queries server manager to get data and reads stuff from submitted jobs.

It is new, so I don't think they have very many customers using it yet.

Back