Could not enable desabled users.

Zertek

Hello,

When I lauch P98OWSEC (Work With Security) to enable a disabled user, I can browse the user, update his status in Revise Security but the modification is not applicated. I try to reset the user password via Administrative Password Revision (who normaly enable the user) but it not works too.

Could you help me please ?

Attachments

• 182554-12-04-2013 13-00-33.png
    182554-12-04-2013 13-00-33.png
    52.3 KB · Views: 59
Zertek,

You have left a lot detail out of your request - the screen print demonstrates what you have said in the post, but does not really add much more information. In addition to your system configuration, the following information is also important and needed:

Has the change taken effect in the F98OWSEC?
Do you have security that allows you to make the change?
Did you get a debug log of the action to change the security?
What was in the debug log?

Please provide as much information as possible, within reason. Most JDEList members don't have a great deal of time to extract the needed information (which can be a long and time consuming process involving many posts) from those needing help. So please help others to help you by doing as much research (create and review debug logs, ask others in your organisation, read manuals, search JDEList, use Google, etc.) to solve your problem as you can yourself. Then along with the details (detailed problem description, debug logs, screen prints, etc.) of your request for help supply the details of your research and why it didn't completely solve the issue and why you need further help.

The lack of detail in your request is probably the reason nobody responded.

I'll take a try...

Without knowing the release...is it possible that you haven't restarted your fat client recently? I've seen on some releases that the fat client will timeout and user security related task don't seem to work.

Kevin

I know this isn't an answer, but this also happens to me occasionaly, if I bounce the JAS instance it goes away, but that seems rather extreme. So I use a fat client instead.

I know it is a work around, but at least it gets you over the hump.

E1 8.12, Tools 8.98.3.4, OAS, AS/400

I agree with Kevin...I always use a fat to make CNC changes, and I've seen this happen...usually it's been when I've left my fat open too long....logging out and back in usually makes it work. Same thing happens with submitting package builds.

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with Kevin...I always use a fat to make CNC changes, and I've seen this happen...usually it's been when I've left my fat open too long....logging out and back in usually makes it work. Same thing happens with submitting package builds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jim,

Like you, I use my fat client for that kind of activity and have run into the same issue. In that circumstance, if you look into the jde logs before restarting (for the newbies out there, a restart clears out the log), you would find that there is a time-out message from the security kernel. The fat client isn't 100% useless, but key activities like security changes and package deploys will not work until after the security key is refreshed by a logout/login procedure.

- Gregg

Gregg, you are always more thorough than I....I just don't care when it fails enough to look at logs....I mean, anyone that has worked for JDE/PSFT/ORCL knows our first question is "send me the logs"...I just restart and try....LOL
smile.gif

Everyone...this is why you should hire Gregg...serious about that.

Zertek,

Did you solve this issue?
I had this issue during an upgrade from 8.0 to 9.1, I deleted the user security and added it back.
Good luck

Hello,

Thank you very much for all your answers.

I only use fat client for all administratives tasks
My OW version is : B7333 SP23
OW is only used for archives consultations
I just want to reset Users expirations but update is not keeped in the database.

I was having the same issue with our HELPDESK folks who only use the web and found the answer on My Oracle support; Doc ID 656522.1 “Because all user security related updates are managed by the Security Server, it is necessary that users modifying the user security records have access to the DefaultEnvironment defined in the [SECURITY] section of the Server JDE INI file.”.
I gave the role access to all environments since I didn’t know which environment was in the JDE.ini file on the server and it worked.

Back