AR Invoice Z-File (F03B11Z1) Processing

pfaloney

Well Known Member
A small issue has come up in creating a new AR Invoice feed to JDE (8.12 Windows Server Installation) from SAP CRM.

It works fine when processing the records sent from SAP CRM into the AR Customer Ledger.

However, if someone goes in to edit the Z-File record the Gross Amounts show without decimals (i.e. $250.00 show as 25,000.00. If the person presses OK, the amount on the Inquire Screen of unprocessed invoices changes from $250.00 to $25,000.00. If they press Cancel, it remains $250.00.

Open Amount is OK, it is just Gross Amount. Any ideas on why this is happening?

Hi there,

have you checked to see that the Display Decimals for the two data items (AG and AAP) are configured consistently?

Note: Other feeds are OK and do not have this issue. I get the same issue SQL'ing a line into the F03B11Z1 with and without an open amount.

If the display decimal is correct it sounds to me the online z-file program is doing something to it. First make sure it has not been incorrectly customized. Use the debugger tool to see at what points it changes the decimal placement. I have also seen strange characters coming over from SAP causing unpredictable results.

The problem is not with the R03B11Z1I(Batch Invoice Processor). That is working (except where noted below).It is with the P03B11Z1(Batch Invoice Revisions).

Within the P03B11Z1(Batch Invoice Revisions):

1. Work with Batch Invoices (W03B11Z1C) Shows correctly (i.e. 40.00 for gross amount
2. If I do a Select on that line the Invoice Entry - Batch Invoice (W03B11Z1D) shows 4000.00 for the Gross Amount.
2a. If I press OK, it will now show 4,000.00 for Gross Amount on Work with Batch Invoices (W03B11Z1C)
2b. If I press Cancel it will show 40.00 for Gross Amount on the Work with Batch Invoices (W03B11Z1C)
2c. If I edit the Gross Amount on the Invoice Entry - Batch Invoice (W03B11Z1D) to 40.00 and press OK, it will show 40.00 on the Work with Batch Invoices (W03B11Z1C)

In cases 1, 2b, and 2c it will process correctly.
Case 2a will error with invoice does not match GL Distribution)

I checked the logs. I am showing no changes since implementation of 8:12 (Date is showing 2007 in status on OMW)

I apologize, when I said the online z-file program I meant the P03B11Z1 as you indicated.

I went into my archives and found some notes. First you say you have other feeds that work fine. So if you go into the same version of the P03B11Z1 to revise the other feeds you do NOT have any issue? Please verify this. If you do have an issue than first create a new version of the P03B11Z1. If this does not work than debug the P03B11Z1 and see what is causing it.

Here is the issue we had but it was with the P0411Z1: There were multiple feeds from different sources. After we verified that the P0411Z1 worked properly on all but one feed, we debugged it and discovered a strange character coming from the source. Apparently the R0411Z1 ignored it but the P0411Z1 did not know what to do. I don't remember how or why but it changed the decimal placement of one of the amount fields. The fix: we were able to scrub the data to rid of this foreign character before populating the Z file. Hope this helps.

I confirmed the other feeds are loading correctly.

I will check it out. It is a JDBC direct feed from SAP CRM to JDE. There is also an XML Created. That may be the key.

I am having my consultants send me a sample

Could this be a Multi-Currency issue?

Seen strange things were the data is initially written correctly, and if the row is not defined as USD (or whichever is expected) - the decimalization is stripped when a user touches the record.

Make sure the CRCD or other Currency values are correctly populated during the original insert. My Collaborate Presentations (available on the JDE Research Site) have a very small blurb about creating a 'blank' Currency (duplicate of native currency).

I don't know that this is the issue - I do know that I've seen this happen when currency is not stated on a row.

(db)

Dan

I confirmed that the currency in CRCD is "USD" and the flag CRRM is "D"

We found the issue. Since we were only populating the minimum number of fields needed in the F03B11Z1, the rest of the fields were being populated with "nulls". For some reason. P03B11Z1 did not like that. That is why it processed normally but flaked out on editing.

Created staging table to use as intermediary loaded the F03B11Z1 from there. Works now.

This is the reason we are always simulating the interactive functionality = identifying the fields to be populated, when using Z-files.
Step 1 = Enter an invoice/voucher/cheque... with P___Z1 - discovered issues, applied ESUs until fixed
Step 2 = Run the Batch Processor Z-file to validate complete and correct transaction - discovered issues, applied ESUs until fixed
Next we design the real thing:
Step 3 = Populate the Z-file from the external source
Step 4 = Run the Batch Processor ...

Thank you for the update,

Could not get DeploymentManager while BSSV deployment on a server..need help how to resolve this.

Hi all ,

I am getting this error while deploying a pkg on BSSV server..can someone please help.

"Could not get DeploymentManager while BSSV deployment on a server..need help how to resolve this"

We had the same issue with F0411Z1 while testing our upgrade from 8.12 to 9.1. We also found that if we looked in UTB in a full client, it displayed correctly. Fields AG and AAP were, for instance, 70.52. But in Data Browser the same record displayed as 7052.00. And like someone else mentioned, we would see 70.52 on the first screen of P0411Z1, select the line, and the next screen displayed 7052.00. We eventually found through trial and error, that if we populated 3 fields with 0 instead of null, the AG and AAP fields suddenly appeared correctly in both places. Those three fields were URAT, GAM1, and GAM2. Interesting, huh?

Back