Text Attachment Media Object disappearing

wild_erp

We have a couple users that are having issues that when they view a text attachment on a Work Order that when they exit the attachment is deleted. They are able to add them with no issue it is only when they view an existing one. We have been able to re-create the issue with one of our Business Analysts and it appears to be specific to a computer/user. We have had them delete and replace the JDEwebctlsU.ocx files on thier respective machines. It seems like the issue goes away but then comes back after a few days.
I cannot make it happen on my own computer. We are running the same operating sytem and same I.E. Version. I have sent them my ocx file and my set up information but it keeps coming back.
Can any one help me?
Our user is getting very frustated as we have been working on this for many months. To complicate they do not reside in my office, but I have a BA at thier location.
We are running E1 9.0 Tools 8.98.4.11 and are on an iSeries.
Computers are running Win 7 Enterprise SP1 64 bit
I.E. version 8.0
Please help I am at the end of ideas.

Deborah,

Have you verified the existence of the F00165 record after the text media object is created, and have you checked to see if it still exists in the table once it appears to be gone? The reason I ask is that we had an issue at one point where I believe processing an MRP message (using P3411) against a WO caused the suffix field to change from blanks to "000" (or vice-versa), and with the suffix being part of the key for the media object record, it made it appear that the media object had disappeared, when in fact it still existed, just the key values used to find the media object had changed.

Yes we have verified its existence in the F00165 and also that is deleted after. They are able to add and we see the entry into the F00165 others can inquire and see it and modify it. The users in question are able to see it after creation. However it is when they look at it and close it that it is being deleted. So far we only see this on Work Order Text attachments but I am in the process of verifying this.

My response is too late but I had same experience. My case happened when the WO was created from W Line Type Sales order.
In this condition, WO attachment is deleted whenever we update the sales order which is related to the WO order.

Is your case same as me?

Back