Advice about not dealing with BI Publisher embedded

ybuffetaud

ybuffetaud

Hello actually we are using BIP embedded under JDE 8.12 tool 8.98.2.3 and we really don't like it (not reliable, quite high consumer or performance....). We would like to use an external application to make more professional docs from JDE like Streamserve opentext or Bottomline's Transform.
What other tool do you know and what are compatible JDE 8.12 and JDE 9.1 (we are planning an uprage next year).

Thanks

I'm planning an uprage too! (don't tell my co-workers ... I want it to be a surrprrissseee.....<evil chuckle>)

Hi

We are using formscape and are happy with the tool.

But there is not more formscape, and I have still not tested transform, so I can not help so much in this

Hello and thanks for your answer.
I've planned to see 2 product dealers :
- Bottomline for transform
- Opentext for Streamserve.

With that I could say goodbye to this poor tool that is BI Publisher embedded.

embedded BI publisher works fine. But you do need to design the UBEs to run efficient (short field names, footers to close sections properly, etc).

The biggest resource savings is to run BI publisher with jrockit and not sun. HUGE performance gains there. In my opinion, that is a base requirement if you plan to use embedded.

embedded BI publisher works fine. But you do need to design the UBEs to run efficient (short field names, footers to close sections properly, etc).

QUOTE]
Hi this I why I don't wanto use it others Tools like stremserve don't care about it and BI Publsher is not really WYSIWIG, ths no easy and tme consum make a go output. So a free tool for me isn't the best choice

Once you get used to it, it really isn't that big of a deal. The "efficient" statement is relative. Of course, you don't have to shorten names, but the larger the name, the larger the xml file. With jrockit, it isn't that big of a deal. they cleaned up the performance a ton with it. Sun, different story.

The footers issue is not BI publisher specific. The XML that JDE creates when you don't close a footer is broken. You can see that with any XML editor. So if your aftermarket tool wants to use XML input, you have the same issue. If it uses the PDF like createform does, you will have less issues.

We re-created about 100 form documents from createform to BI publisher in about 2 weeks. That allowed us to dump the createform, createemail, createfax, createform director licenses we had. We also built a custom document library to store all of the files and dumped createarchive in about 3 weeks. So we save a fair amount of cash and simplified our environment.

Plus, i would occassionaly have a createform printer drop the "merge" directory configuration at random times. Maybe once every 3-4 months when not a single person has logged into the server during that time. Losing that headache was also nice.

In my large xml input tests, JRE SE 7.0 and later outperform Jrockit JRE 6 by a lot. jre 7 and up integrated a lot of the performance tweaks from jrockit/bea and more, which is why there is no jrockit for jre 7 and later.

Welcome to everyone ! I'm planning an uprange too don't tell my co-workers but there is not more formscape, and I have still not tested transform, so I can not help so much in this.

Back