Canadian T4 slip xml

adeel

VIP Member
Hello there

This year i am planning to print T4s from word document instead of R77410. There is one XML file get created which we send to revenue canada from JD Edwards, i was thinking to create LINQ to XML to write an application in VS2010 and use that XML as source

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Thanks
AD

Adeel,
I had done it last year with BI publisher and it worked great. The only problem is BI publisher can't handle 2 page-PDF template. We have to print the back page first and used them to print the first page from BI publisher output.

Hope this helps,
Sombat

Hello there

I would like to generate T4 using BI publisher this year. i saw the T4 template is already came with the year end ESU and added to object respotory but when i run the RD it does not fill the data in pdf i believe i need to load the XML using BI publisher tool using word? and design the template?

Thanks
AD

Adeel,
I didn't see T4 template on the Year End ESUs (JK22734). we generated XML file through UBE and using Adobe Acrobat to map the field on PDF T4 form. T4 form hasn't changed much in the last 2 years and CRA is okay if we use the old form.

Hi Sombat

We are on 9.1 and the ESU was JM14955.

i am just wondering how you create T4 pdf. Are you using T4.XML the mega media UBE. or using BI publisher? BI publisher created PDF for 2013 and get generated once the R77410 ube runs but somehow it is not creating.

Thanks

Hi Adeel,
We're using xml from R77410. The T4 pdf is the one we downloaded from CRA website. Once we get xml file from R77410, we mapped it out using Adobe Acrobat. It worked fine for us.

So looks like you are not using the feature of BI embedded publisher. Everything is setup in P95600 and P95620 from JD Edwards and that RD are attached to the R77410 and get generated T4 automatically when users run R77410 and the 2013 form already attached and mapped which created T4 in pdf. Somehow it is not working for us.

So in your case you mapped XML outside JD Edwards? i guess if you download the form from p95620 and you dont need to remap? i may need your solution if BI publisher does not work.
Please PM me the step by step will be appreciated.

Thanks
AD

Done. i am able to run the T4 using BI publisher,
For other readers, you just need to take out and the R77410 defualt version from the print setup and attach the BI version in canadian workbench application

Thanks
Ad

Back