SAR numbers in F9861 versus SAR numbers in F9672

jdel6654

VIP Member
I am installing ESUs. I have noticed that in some situations the SAR number in F9861 gets updated with an ESU. I have also noticed that the SAR number in F9672 almost always gets updated with the very same ESU.

Can someone confirm that F9861 is no longer a valid source of SAR info? Can someone explain why it still gets updated at all?

Hi

I have a feeling that the key tables you need to look at are F9670, F9671, and F9672.

Sorry not sure on the F9861.

Hope this helps
Aidy

I have never looked at that one before. I guess I assumed the ESU app was written against the F967* table(s).

Do you know why there appear to be 2 SAR numbers: SGDOCO & (for type 1 rows) SGOBNM ?

I don't think the SGDOCO is the SAR number. I know for sure SGOBNM is the SAR number. I typically use this table only to see if a SAR has been applied to the system. If it is it will show up in the SGOBNM field so I filter on that and the SGESUP field will list the ESUs that it has been applied from. If you have applied multiple ESUs that have superceeded one another you will have multiple entries for the same SAR.

Resurrecting an old thread.

CNCJunior:

I would like to correlate a given object to a SAR level - like JDE did in the past. I have done this in the past with F9861.

Do you know if the SAR number in the F96400 can be correlated with a specific object? Is the SAR number in F9861 still valid ?

From what I can see I don't see a way to use the F96400 to relate a SAR to a specic object with that table alone. I'm not sure about the SAR number from the F9861 as I havn't used that field for anything in the past before so I never paid much attention to it.

In prior releases (and even with 9.x I think), SIMSAR was updated by the ESU programs with the last effective SAR.

I have frequently used this SAR to correlate to the Update Center SAR level for a given object.

I don't remember support.oracle.com ever saying that SIMSAR was not valid anymore.

Hmmm...

Back