Bulk Stock Calculations

ksm

We are on Enterprise 9.0, NT platform.

We're trying to create a custom Bulk stock standalone app that lets the users enter an item, branch and other bulk fields to calculate weight & volumes, the full request with 2 scenarios is listed below:

Bulk Standalone Screen
We need to be able to do the following….
Scenario 1
• Enter Ambient Volume
• Enter Temperature – If Not Entered, Send Item Number To F41011 & Get PKDETP
• Enter Density – If Not Entered, Send Item Number To F41011 & Get PKDNTY (Multiply By 10)
• System Returns Net Volume & Weight

Scenario 2
• Enter Net Weight
• Enter Temperature – If Not Entered, Send Item Number To F41011 & Get PKDETP
• Enter Density – If Not Entered, Send Item Number To F41011 & Get PKDNTY (Multiply By 10)
• System Returns Net Volume & Ambient Volume

Is this even possible given my lack of parameters entered? Are there any canned JDE screen(s) which do similar calculations that I could crack open & research the logic to mimic (im new to this module)? Thanks so much in advance for your assistance!

-K. S.m

Hi there!

Have a look at P415004.
Inventory management / Inventory setup / Bulk stock control setup / Bulk conversion table

Row/Exit from P415004 allows you to do test coversions by entering ambient volume, temperture and density
It does not accept item number as input but as each item is connected to ASTM table so you just need to check per each item which ASTM code and density you should use

This can also be used as a starting point for a custom application that allows you to enter the item number so it retrieves the ASTM table and density based on that

Obviously, another way to do this is to use P41501 Bulk transactions and just enter all the information on a grid line and then move to next line. This will fetch default values, not from item master but from the tank current information (current temperature/density of the tank)

Hope this helps
/Aarto
/Aarto

Thanks very much Aarto!! The P41501 had similar enough functionality and I was able to mimic this in my screen. FYI - the hard part is figuring out what the required parameters are for the XT4111Z1 bsfn (F4111 Edit Line, which does the calculations for bulk values).

Back