R470412: Error: Open Amount Greater Than Gross Amount

cfarias

Hello JDE LIst Team

“Error: Open Amount Greater Than Gross Amount”

I am getting the above error running the R470412 when attempting to process an EDI invoice and match it to a purchase order. The suggested resolution states:

“Adjust the open amount so it is less than or equal to the gross amount.”.

The problem is that the open and gross amounts in both the Detail (F47042) and Summary (F47044) are equal to one another. I have also tried making the open amount less than the gross amount but still the error persists.

I have checked the documentation and we are definitely providing all the mandatory data in the correct fields.

Note: issue only with foreign currency #PO, domestic works fine.

Does anyone have any idea of how to get round this error?

Thanks in advance
Farias, Denis.

Denis,

This is a general error and does not always mean what it says. So you are not alone in finding the open amount is not the issue:]

In our case we had missing receipts but this is the error it gave. When we added the receipt the match worked so this was not a valid error. If you get this it could be anything as far as I know. Sorry nothing more specific to look at but just wanted to let you know it is not you and the error description is not correct. IN case you were still wondering.

Denis,

We used to receive this error (header level) in work center messages until we modifed R470412 to suppress it. We found that a line error (detail level) always appears - which is the true error. (example: Duplicate Supplier/Invoice Number, Status Code out of Range, Invalid Quantity, Item Number Mismatch, Order already Matched)

We went to Oracle asking about this error. We are US only but here is what they said about foreign.

* Foreign Orders and VAT Tax Calculations can trigger error due to system hard rounding of the tax values resulting in a small difference/variance .01 Soft rounding is not present in our code which would have otherwise summed all order lines and then rounded off the value. Reference SAR 8955289 closed with Workaround to Voucher the PO through P0411 instead of R470412 report and then manually adjusting the Tax field amount.

Tracy Ryan
E1 8.12
TR 8.98.4.9
iSeries

We have same issue and would like to know if anybody has a way to design SQL / UBE to correct this problem by running jobs. We have too many transaction to correct and need to find a solution to do system update/correct
Please share your experience if you know the logics for SQLs or design an updated UBE.
Thanks
E1 9.1
TR 9.1.5.1

Back