E9.1 questions - small orange box on forms control, hover, says More...

Frosty the Coder

Legendary Poster
List,

We're on the verge of upgrading to 9.1, and are currently "playing in the sandbox".

Some of the forms controls in P4210/W4210A have a small orange-ish box in th upper left corner.
When you mouse hover over these, it expands, and says "More...".

What IS this box for?
Right clicking on the FC shows the same things as an FC w/out the box.

Assuming that this is something useful, how do you add this box to an FC?

Thanks

As is often the case, I posted a question here and shortly after found the answer elsewhere.

In this case, the answer is section 3.2.6.1, "Message Form as Hover Form", in the Tools Foundation Guide (pdf page 21).

Thanks anyway!

Further digging yields more questions!

Running "Work with Item Master" (find/browse), the LITM grid column has the orange dot for hover form.
If I hover, and click, I see a popup that has three tabs, relating to the item master.

This is pretty cool.

Looking at the CODE behind "Work w/Item Master", I cannot figure out how the GC is tied to the "hover form".
There isn't ER in the "hover" event for that column.

We have oodles of places where the "hover form" would be very useful.

How do you create and associate a hover form to an FC or GC?

Thanks

This is controlled in the P958973 / P958974 applications. Look at Doc ID 1451431.1.

Going to 9.1 Apps/Tools...

TYVM!

I've managed to add the AN8 Hover form to custom apps.

Am I limited to the hover forms that JDE has provided, or can I create custom hovers that would be in tune w/our business practices?

EG: The item master hover doesn't show all the cat codes that we use. It would be great if I could create one that does.

I looked at P01700, which is for AN8, but don't see where things get defined.
(I'm off to look at the FDA guide for more info...)

THANKS!

Frosty,

Look at the recording on the bottom of Doc ID 1199953.1. I believe that will show you how to do it. We haven't done this yet, as we are leaving customizing Hover Forms and Auto Suggest for next year (post upgrade).

We tried to use the Hover form, but the pictures only works in web FAT.

Oracle is aware of it and will fix it.

will be appreciated by customers

Back