Few questions regarding JDE 8.11

rpo5015

Hello Everyone,

I'm doing some research on JDE for a potential project and was hoping someone could help me out with a few questions:

) Is there a way to identify changes that have been made to JDE objects? This is for the purposes of change control testing so that we have a way to identify the full population of changes made during a given period.

2) Is there something that shows the security hierarchy related to how access is assigned in simple terms e.g. access is assigned to users through roles, programs are assigned to roles, menus, views, forms etc are part of programs. I’m looking for something that shows the various logical access paths to data.

3) Doe JDE has basic security logging for user account logins, logouts and failed login attempts – believe the function that would need to be enabled is Security History not sure though

1) Is there a way to identify changes that have been made to JDE objects? This is for the purposes of change control testing so that we have a way to identify the full population of changes made during a given period.

2) Is there something that shows the security hierarchy related to how access is assigned in simple terms e.g. access is assigned to users through roles, programs are assigned to roles, menus, views, forms etc are part of programs. I’m looking for something that shows the various logical access paths to data.

3) Doe JDE has basic security logging for user account logins, logouts and failed login attempts – believe the function that would need to be enabled is Security History not sure though

Thanks!

There is no World 8.11 version. Are you sure you are asking this question in the right forum? If you are the simple answers are 1) No (although programmers may know of tools that could be used), 2) No (there are third party programs that make World security much more manageable), and 3) you can pull login activity from QHST. I built a reporting system to do that using Query. If that last makes no sense to you, probably the wrong forum.

We have tools for the above. The good news is that they take very very little time (hours) to implement. The bad news is that we charge (though not too much). Let me know if you are interested.

Cheers

Back