E1 pages and E1 Page Generator for 9.1

I can't get to the document#177196.

Can you provided the content or what Oracle PDF the install / setup instructions are in.

Can you update the tools release on the E1 standalone demo from the shipped 9.1.0.1 to the current release?

Hi. I need to invoke a report from an E1page.The report should directly prompt for Processing Option.Please help me to get this done.I have tried to use task ID but it didnt work out.Can you give me the exact syntax for it?My UBE call statement is as below
@c:color=red|reportId=R550901|version=LIS0008:WSB Income Statement:runE1UBEVersion('R550901','LIS0008','0')

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
Hi. I need to invoke a report from an E1page.The report should directly prompt for Processing Option.Please help me to get this done.I have tried to use task ID but it didnt work out.Can you give me the exact syntax for it?My UBE call statement is as below
@c:color=red|reportId=R550901|version=LIS0008:WSB Income Statement:runE1UBEVersion('R550901','LIS0008','0')

[/ QUOTE ]

3= Select of Values

@c:color=red|reportId=R550901|version=LIS0008:WSB Income Statement:runE1UBEVersion('R550901','LIS0008','3')

E1Pages Based in Task available in TR 9.1.2

Regards

Thanks for your Reply conso.
But still when i use the syntax provided by you, it takes me to "Work with Batch Versions screen" and not to Processing option screen.Please let me know if any other alternative is available.

Thanks
Terry

Unfortunately there is no way to call OP only.
Read the following documentation.
Maybe you can use some of the following options. e.g.(with prompt for DS and PO.)

1. Launch a Report - Without Prompting for Version

function runE1UBEBlind(ubeId, version, promptPO)

Required Parameters:
ubeId = E1 UBE Name, for example R04305
report version = E1 Application Version, for example XJDE0001
e.g., javascript:runE1UBEBlind('R31410','XJDE0001','0')

Note that it is no possible to launch a report that just prompt for PO, use task with E1 Page Generator.

2. Launch an UBE with prompt for DS and PO.

function runE1UBE('RXXXXP', 'promptForDS', 'ZJDE0001', '1')

3. Launch an UBE and get data selection but no processing options

function runE1UBE('RXXXXP', 'promptForDS', 'ZJDE0001', '') or function runE1UBE('RXXXXP', 'promptForDS', 'ZJDE0001', '0')

The only option you have left is:

@c:color=red|reportId=R550901|version=LIS0008:WSB Income Statement:runE1UBEVersion('R550901','promptForDS','LIS0008','1')

I recommend upgrading to TR9.1.3.
smile.gif

Regards

Ok, I downloaded the E1 page generator (which really just seems to be a series of examples).

I see that they each contain a .dat file where you define the apps/reports for the page, as well as certain attributes like color. But then there's a "home.html" file that also contains the apps/reports, but also has other data like the description that the .dat file does not.

So if I was going to create an E1 page, do I have to modify both the .dat AND home.html page? How do those two things work together? I'm a little confused on the purpose of the .dat when the home.html seems to contain more detail of how the page works and is displayed.

Dear:
The file .dat is where the generador.exe up the data to generate the file Home.html.
You must modify the file .dat and run E1 page generator to see the changes in the file Home.hml

In short, the E1 Pages Generator is an application that will generate html pages (home.html) in an easy and friendly through the data provided in the file. Dat

Sorry my English is very poor.

Not as bad as you think, and your explanation was helpful, thx.

So you don't need to modify the home.html yourself; you just need to modify the .dat file and run the generator.

To do that, you create the .dat file under the dat_files directory, and then you run the GeneratePages windows batch file under the root of the E1PageGenerator directory?

That's right!
laugh.gif

I recommend you read the following document on My Oracle Support, is very complete. You'll be able to clear all your doubts.

E1: E1Page: Overview, Download, and Quick Start Guide for the E1 Page Generator [Video] [ID 1401833.1]

I've been working with E1 Pages for a few months now and have had good luck in creating and publishing them. Refer to document # 1394280.1 for a good explanation of the tool and the steps to follow. I had to use a file called zip.exe for creating the .zip file.

Don,

Where were you able to get hold of the zip.exe?

Refer to:
E1: E1PAGE: Overview of Classic E1 Pages Including How to Develop, Edit and Manage Classic E1 Pages and Build Pages with the Classic E1 Page Generator (Doc ID 1674258.2)

Under the "Directory Orientation" tab, there are instructions about the zip.exe file.

Refer to:
E1: E1PAGE: Overview of Classic E1 Pages Including How to Develop, Edit and Manage Classic E1 Pages and Build Pages with the Classic E1 Page Generator (Doc ID 1674258.2)

Under the "Directory Orientation" tab, there are instructions about the zip.exe file.

Yes, I found this earlier. The suggestions for getting the zip.exe are a bit vague. Is this a specialized zip utility that is proprietary to Oracle? Why can this not be found by more "normal" means?

I've seen other documents where people used WinZip or 7Zip with success, but it has to be done manually (i.e. after the generator is run). Have these alternatives proven to be a viable solution?

I don't believe it is proprietary to Oracle, but the version does seem to matter. The article contains a link to jdeveloper, which includes the zip utility. I think the reason they didn't package it with their software is that this is third party software, so they didn't want to (or couldn't) bundle it. I just followed their recommendations and it has always worked for me.

Back