Floorstocking agreements an inventory visiblity in JDE E1

closed

I am trying to determine the best way to manage inventory carried by our suppliers, by virtue of a 90 day floorstocking agreement. We dictate what and how much the suppliers produce 8 to 10 weeks in advance. WE then have 90 days to release the material from their stock. We get weekly inventory updates via e-mail.
I have avoided any sort of EDI to generate an update. I am looking at using a combination of receipt routing and Blanket PO as a potential means. However, I do have a few concerns that I would like to discuss before I expend company resources on testing.

Given Conditions: 1 supplier shipping to multiple branch plants.

Concern 1: Blanket PO - Each blanket PO would have multiple SKUs subject to a 10% production over/underrun by item. How would the deviation from the PO amount be handled?

Concern 1a: Do I have to create a BO for each individual item?

Concern 2: How would I manage a weekly release (PO) that may be pulling from multiple Blanket POs
I.E. - Weekly Release calls for 10pcs of Item A
- BO #1 has 2 pcs of Item A left on it
- BO #2 has 20 pcs of Item A left on it
Do I need to create separate releases for 2 pcs and 8 pcs?

Concern 2a - Further, what happens if I create a weekly release (PO) that pulls Item A from BO #1 and Item B from BO #2.

Kind Regards,

Dirk

Have you looked at the Agreements Module (System 38). By the way you described the problem you are trying to solve the agreements module would be a better fit. Let me know if you need any more information on the agreements module.

[ QUOTE ]
Have you looked at the Agreements Module (System 38). By the way you described the problem you are trying to solve the agreements module would be a better fit. Let me know if you need any more information on the agreements module.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will look into the agreements module. For clarification, my primary objective is to reflect our liability for floorstocked inventory, sitting at our supplier, in our system as well as the actual inventory net of any recent PO activity. This would be somewhat similar to carrying and accounting for supplier consigned inventory.

Thank you for your response and suggestion.

We used to do that sort of thing with a separate Branch/Plant. If you put it in a separate Company, the accountants can include/exclude that company in their reports to their hearts' content.

Back