Barcode Issue

Soumen

Soumen

Reputable Poster
Hello All,

We are on Cf v7.0. Recently I had a request to include 2 new Barcodes on a JDE report. The Barcodes are using font BC39 in JDE and as per my developer he has included an asterick "*" before and at the end of the barcodes. I have included the required fonts (c39_barcode_primary.ttf and C39M3.ttf) both on Windows/font directory and the Createform/SystemResource/Font directory.

But the issue I am facing is ...when we scan the barcodes we keep getting a "/J" at the beginning and at the end.

Does anyone know why we keep getting /J? Am I missing something?

Thanks for your response.

Regards,
Soumen

Is your barcode reader configured correctly?

Does the reader work correctly on other Code 39 barcodes?

In my experience using Code39, I have not had to include the asterisks in the data for the barcode itself.

By specifying code39 in defining my output, the starting and ending asterisks have "automatically" been included.

Why aren't you just using the native Code39 bar code font that comes with CformDesigner?

Thanks for the responses.
Yes using the native Code39 font(with no astericks) resolved the issue.

[ QUOTE ]
Why aren't you just using the native Code39 bar code font that comes with CformDesigner?

[/ QUOTE ]
yep,code 39 font should be available, but not trying code 39 font

Hi there
Code 39 , also named as ANSI/AIM Code 39, ANSI/AIM Code 39, Uniform Symbology Specification Code 39, USS Code 39, is a discrete, variable-length linear barcode symbology widely used in non-retail environments. It is self-checking in that a single print defect cannot transpose one character into another valid character.It would be more convenient if there is a fast, accurate and reliable linear and 2D barcodes decoder and reader for users which supports to generate code39. <font color="black"> </font>

Back