how to complete the reconciliation of a bank statement manually

Ernest

Hi all

I am trying to do the manual reconciliation. I have a bank account. I have several journal entries for this bank account and I also register a bank statement manually in the system.

Now please can anybody help me to tell me how to do the reconciliation of this bank account.
What I mean is that I want to tell the system that this transaction in the system (JE, payment or receipt) is connected to this line of bank statement.

Please help me to solve this issue, because I am not being able to go through this.

Thank you and best regards

Hi Ernest,

It is diffucult to advise not seeing the specific example, but generally you can do this through the batch number and document number. Depending on nature of transaction you should be able to track the transaction from the Account Ledger Inquiry to the Receipt Entry or other tables. SQL access or even Data Browser might also help.

Regards,
Zarif

Hi Ernest,

Probably you need to take a look in the JDE manual: General accounting I where in there was a detailed explanation on the Reconcilaition methods, which inlcludes , Manual, Bank Tape, Reconcilaiton within accounts...etc

Please check and let me know if you need any help.

Thanks!
mark

Hi Ernest,

The process requires you to enter the statement in app. P09160. Post any receipts you may have that have been applied to the bank account directly. Make sure you understand the transaction codes so that you can enter the transactions correctly. Then you just have to refresh the F0911R reconciliation table.

I am attaching the General Accounting Manual -part 2 (Section Page 18-1 starts the explanation)

Hope this helps

Back