R3482 without O Message

hsiao_te_wang

Well Known Member
Hi Lists,
I have a look simple but can not explain scenario:
1. Mfg item A has no BOM but manually add its parts list (say A1, A2 and A3) after created WO on A.
2. Run R3482 with Regen and multi-level (data selection planning code = 1 and 2, and specific B/P), however no any O message for items A1/A2/A3 (assume they all have no O/H)
3. If I keep all setups unchanged but data selection of R3482 switch to specific 2nd Item = A1/A2/A3, then the O message come out as I expected.
Does any possible setups make this happen ? Thanks lot !

Regards,
John
Apps 9.0 with Tools 9.1.0

I believe MRP programs depend on low level codes to be set/exist on the item branch record. There's a batch program to set these . . . it works off the BOMs . . .

I did run R30601 and however the results are the same. Just got confuse my two data selections should be same since both them include all the items. Will keep testing and post here if any findings.

Regards,
John

I just tested it out though I am not 100% can explain.
Once I include my parent item A in my data selection, no matter in what way (planning family, item, planning code….) there will be no suggestion on child item A1. However if I removed parent from my data selection then message O comes for child.

Seems to me R3482 picks BOM of A if I selected it in but exclude the P/L of my work order on A. There is no BOM of A so will be no messages for any child items. Weird to me but this is my only finding.

John

I find my answer - the parent has no demand so system will suggest to Cancel the WO on item A if I included A into my data selection. However if I include the child items only in my data selection, the O messages on child items will be generated due to the parts list of WO.

Regards,
John

Back