not supported language in JDE 8.12

Pucko

Hello
I have question related with not supported language in JDE 8.12.
My mother language is not support in JDE but my customer would like to have most of the labels, variables, text boxes... translated in our Croatian language.
So I got an idea to export whole data dictionary in excel sheet, translate key data ( only these what my customer would like to translate) and then import data dictionary back into JDE. Is this possible.?
If yes, how to do it ?
smirk.gif

If not, is there any other way to have mass translate of names of the variables , labels, text boxes ....

Thank you
Davor

Hi Davor,

Welcome aboard on JDEList.

To translate JDE to a non-supported language is a huge project - I know, my mother language is Hungarian.

First step of course, to translate Data Dictionary.
Why to you want export/import the WHOLE DD to Excel with its all translation related tables? I do not know the current Excel limits, but I am almost sure, you can not do this.

Why do not use the native built-in DD translation tool(s).

Translating JDE is much more complex, than transalting DD. Just a fast list about these issues:

- Default DD labels are overriden on many APPLs and Reports and on Processing option templates, so DD translation won't have affect on these, so you should translate these used objects too.
- General problems the length of labels (English vs. Your Croatian Language) can (surely will) cause problems on APPL/UBE objects, so these objects will require custom translations overriden the DD translation and/or layout modification via the appropriate designer tool.
- you should translate many of DD Messages (Errors, Warnings, etc.)
- you should translate the descriptons of the frequently used standard
UDC items
... and the list not ended here.

Maybe in your stage, to translate Glossaries, Helps is not the most urgent.

Sorry, I know, this is not a good neews - excuse me
frown.gif

Please, inform us, how are you going ahead in this project. Thanks.

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi Daver,

I forgot to mention, that this is the Application/Consultant Forum and your issue much more fits to the Tech/Cnc and Developers forum of JDEList.

Regards,

Zoltán

Back