Maximum Price

Mattiosco

Hi List,

We want to enforce a "price cap" for some products and I can't get this to work at a line level.

As an example, the product is priced at $5 each. If you order more than 100, you only pay $500. So if you ordered 40, you'd pay $200. If you ordered 80, you'd pay $400. And if you ordered 800, your price would be capped at $500.

Has anyone done something simlar to this? We want to record the quantity on the order line as requested by the customer and have advanced pricing cap the line price at the designated amount. Also, leaving the order on one line is very desirable (as opposed to splitting it to a priced line and a "free" line).

We are on E1 8.12.

Cheers,

Matt

or, how about an Amount Adjustment with override based on current net? That sounds better.

Thanks Darren,

I might be missing something in the definition of the adjustment because it's not working as you suggest it might.

I set the From Level at the quantity that gives the required price cap total but any order lines over that threshold apply the adjustment to the unit price.

So a 100% discount applied to the net price simply sets the unit price for the line to 0 when more than the threshold quantity is ordered.

E.g. If the items are priced at $2 ea and the total price cap is $500, I would want the unit price to be affected at quantities over 250 ea. But when an order is entered for 300, the unit price for the entire line is being discounted by 100%, so the whole lot is $0.

Would you expect a different result? Or do I need to apply a formula based adjustment?

Cheers,

Matt

Never mind. Excuse the ignorance. I looked more into the adjustment options and redefined it as a sliding rate adjustment. This now applies the discount as expected, resulting in an "average" price to give me the capped total (with some minor rounding issues).

Thanks for the assistance.

Matt

Back