BSP - Blatant Self Promotion (Collaborate Session Speakers!)

DBohner-(db)

Legendary Poster
Hello Collaborate Attendees! I know that I'm not the only Developer / Techie from the JDEList that is presenting this year - Jon's speaking too???

Come and meet:
=============================================================
#100370 - Developer Tips and Traps
Date: Monday, April 23
5:00 pm - 6:00 pm

Product Line: JD Edwards EnterpriseOne

Track: Development

Description:
Session Abstract: With Eleven+ years of Developer Experience – l’ll bring a bag of tricks to the game. Some you will know, others might just astonish you (or just baffle you). Virtual Tables, NER Tricks and some SQL Visions that most don't even consider. Session Outline: Intro - discussion regarding development shortcomings - what's a trick versus what's good coding - when is a trick bad coding – low hanging fruit – virtual tables – when, why and not – ners - why to use instead of fda/rda er - gotchas – things we do and never should – looping – nesting if – general discussion (or other topics as requested).
Objective 1: Explain some basic fundamentals of E1 Development - showing some short-cuts for common issues.
Objective 2: Present a collection of E1 Developer Tricks - that are commonly overlooked. Define how to better us
Objective 3: (adjusted) - The future of Reporting, giving the users the power

Speakers:
Daniel Bohner
ExistingLight, llc
=============================================================

The presentation has morphed a bit, since original inception - let's see if I hit the mark.

(db)

hehheh, sounds cool, rock on beavis. pity i'm not in that neck o' the woods. good luck.

BSP Daniel, hilarious - good luck on the presentation!

Might you be so kind as to make a copy of your presentation available to those not lucky enough to go to Vegas?

babs

Dan,

I love your idea for the presentation. Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend due to distance/cost/time (it's a long way from Australia), but I would love a copy of your presentation too. I hope there are no legal impediments to the provision of a copy of your presentation. All the best for the day.

I must admit, I am curioius about the "low hanging fruit." Having grown up with a number of fruit trees in the yard, I did hit my head on the occaisional unripe and hard fruit. Mmmm ... that may explain a few things ...

Dear Daniel

I would love to have your presentation also. Coz it's so far and expensive to go there from Indonesia.

I'm sure your presentation material would be useful for me.

Thanks You

Anggoro
Oracle JDE E1 9.0 Developer & Consultant

Hehe, that's funny.

But, you know the old saying: "What doesn't kill you. . . isn't in Australia."
tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
"What doesn't kill you. . . isn't in Australia."
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

After watching quite a few nature type shows on Discovery, etc. my five year old has formed the opinion that we never need to vacation in Australia.

Thanks everyone that attended the Tips / Traps session at Collaborate 12. It was nice to spend some time after the 'full' session.

THANK YOU!

I've gotten a lot of requests for the slide deck, so I'm cross-posting it to the JDEResearch.com site:
http://www.jderesearch.com/collaborate2012

I've allowed comments on the page - so questions can be addressed, regarding the slide deck.

Looking forward to seeing many of you at the '80s Party' Wednesday evening!

Enjoy!

(db)

May I suggest, for Today (Wednesday):
-----------------------------------------------------------
#102030 - Scott's Tech Tips: Build a Business Services Function to Expose Custom JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Function

Date:
Wednesday, April 25
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm

Product Line:
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne

Track:
Development

Description:
This presentation is intended to help show current E1 developers how they can use business service function as wrappers for EnterpriseOne business functions. This allows the developer to expose business processes to other systems in the company. This is very useful as everyone moves away from point to point integrations and they begin to implement ESB and SOA architecture.
Objective 1: Learn the basics of creating BSSV functions
Objective 2: Help EnterpriseOne developers expand their development

Speaker:

Scott Beebe
============================================================

Good Luck, Scott!

(db)

Darren,

If, as you say:
[ QUOTE ]
"What doesn't kill you. . . isn't in Australia."
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Then logically "What does kill you ... is in Australia." Does that mean that I'm dangerous? When I travel outside Australia, do I lose my lethalness?
tongue.gif

Yes, the natural world in Australia does have more than its fair share of "nasties," but it also has an amazing variety of the "cute and cuddley."

Brian,

I have never actually heard of anyone "needing" to vacation in Australia. It has been more of a "would like to" or a "want to" or even "if I can afford it." So if you ever do vacation here, your 5 year old would be welcome, and you can all get up close and personal with the "cute and cuddley" and up close but not so personal with the "nasties."
smile.gif

Is this blatant country promotion, or just blatant thread hijacking? (Sorry Dan).
grin.gif

I hope you don't think I was knocking your country. I would love to go to Australia some day. I just found it funny that my five year old picked up on the fact that the deadliest [insert animal family here] all seem to be native to Australia. After an hour of watching "World's deadliest..." on the Discovery channel she was convinced that the moment we stepped off the plane we would immediately be paralyzed by a Jelly Fish, poisoned by a snake and spider and then bitten in half by a Great White.

I tried to explain to her that she had a greater probability of dying from my cooking than from vacationing in Australia but she hasn't grasped the basic concepts of statistics yet.

Brian,

[ QUOTE ]
I hope you don't think I was knocking your country

[/ QUOTE ]

That never entered my head!

I know Australia has a lot of native 'most deadly nasties' - that is part of the attraction. Having spent a large number of years living here, you don't see these things everyday, unless you work with them. I, like your 5 year old, am not that fond of them, but I like seeing them from the safety of the other side of a very thick/strong piece of glass/plastic.

The problem with seeing them in the wild - even if you are in the right place at the right time (which is not likely), is that they are mostly more scared of you than you are of them - and they generally are aware of your approach and make themselves scarce. As an example of how rare it can be to come across one these native 'most deadly nasties', I have only seen them in the wild on very few occaisions, in over 40 years. My home has always been in New South Wales, but I have lived in rural areas, subtropical areas, and cities.

As a general rule, if it is in newspapers or on TV - it is not commonplace. I'm sure that the what your 5 year old saw on TV also mentioned that these things are generally not common in everyday life.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure that the what your 5 year old saw on TV also mentioned that these things are generally not common in everyday life.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's TV so it probably didn't and even if it did I'm pretty sure my daughter would have ignored that part.

Anyway, she has forgotten about Australia. We have been watching frozen planet... she is now very angry with all the animals that eat other significantly cuter animals. She doesn't understand why all animals can't be vegan.

I really got to stop letting her watch nature shows... maybe Dexter or The Sapranos would be less upsetting.

Back