After server Upgrade - "Waiting for Security Server" Message in XE SP24

SingSar

SingSar

After server Upgrade - \"Waiting for Security Server\" Message in XE SP24

Hi,
Recently we did a server upgrade. After the go live, everythig is working fine. But sometimes when users login they see "Waiting for Security Server" message for a long time and end up in the error message "Unable to Locate security server". This issue will persisit untill we restart the security server.

Once the security server is restarted, it works fine for one day and then the same issue occurs.

The Issue occurs not only in citrix, but also in the FAT client.

Anyone has any information?

Upgraded From:
--------------
Release: XE
Service Pack: SP23M1
Server:i550 (i series)
Database: DB2
Connection Type: Citrix

Upgraded To:
------------
Release: XE
Service Pack: SP24
Server:i740 (i series)
Database: DB2
Connection Type: Citrix

Thanks and Regards
Saravanan CP

Re: After server Upgrade - \"Waiting for Security Server\" Message in XE SP24

1. Is JDE Debug still active on the AS/400?
That will definitely slowdown your services, and
increase timeout events.
2. What's the ping time between your Citrix boxes
and your AS/400 servers? Do your Citrix boxes
have HOSTS entries pointing to the AS/400?

This might seem obvious but have you checked the security kernel logs when the users report this error..?

Also check the AS400 system logs for the same time frame.

Thank you Sebastian and Ice_Cube for your responses.
1. JDE Debug is not active
2. Citrix boxes have the appropriate host entries. Ping time iam not sure but i think, should be ok.

This issue is not occuring consistantly.
which means, everything will be working fine. Users will be able to login , do their day to day work.
But after a day or so, this issue will crop up again. Then after we restart the security server it works fine again.

What we also noticed is when there were less users, the issue occured less frequently (once in a week). But now when there are relatively more users the issue has become more frequent (Daily). What we are concerned about is there will be plenty of more users coming in soon.

Hello, did you ever get this resovled? If not, can you tell us how many Security Kernels you are starting on your Enterprise Server?

Even if debug is not enabled I would imagine the security kernel log would have some errors.. it also could be a general JDENET communication issue and not specific to security server... when you say you restart the security server I presume you mean you bounced the JDE services...

When you experience the problem I would do the following

Check all the jde kernel log files and see if any messages appear that correspond to the timing of your issue.

Do a WRKACTJOB and check the state of all the jobs under the JDEB733x subsystem... look for any Mutex Waits etc

Hi Mathew and Ice_cube,
Just to give an update to you both.
1. Number of security Kernels = 4
2. We couldnt make anything from the Kernel logs
3. No Mutex waits during the WRKACTJOB
4. The only unusual thing we noticed is JDENET_N is showing very high CPU utilization.

We have already shared our Kernel logs with Oracle and currenlty they are working on it. Will update you once we get any response or if the issue is resolved.

By Co-incidence ,we just started getting this message too this week. We have SP 23 B7333.

We are looking at a setting in the JDE.INI for the number of simultainous conenctions allowed and ...

We are also looking at the idle connections:
On the AS400 - NETSTAT OPTION(*CNN), there seems to be a process not clearing down the connections when it has finished. The process is linked to the AS400 jobs JDENET_x.

Back